Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I guess maybe an 8.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted to be a healthy 10/12, coming from a 18/20. Currently I am 5'2", 153 wearing mostly 4's - not sure what happened and I am trying to lose 9 more pounds. Hopefully without going down another size.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't know the dream size I'd like to be. But, right now I'm waiting for the day I can shop in a store that doesn't even carry plus size!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
  • Rob_Roberts
    Options
    I want to fit back into a size 2/4 and am currently a size 6/8. It feels terrible to see all my favorite dresses in the back of my closet because I'm not slim enough to wear them anymore!

At the same time, my wedding gown is a size 0 - and I don't think it would be wise to aim for that again.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm small-framed and knew it would be very doable to get into zeros, which I have done at my original goal weight (I'm 5'4" and 118 right now.) But I just set a new goal after maintaining for about a year...I want to drop some cup sizes now, lol. I'm a 28F and I look trashy in the wedding dress I just bought, so I'm trying to drop another 8-10 pounds to see if they disappear a bit.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    ADC, you look awesome!

OP, this is tricky question. I have a pair of "reference jeans" that are j.crew size 27. I'm happy when I fit in them and unhappy when I don't. I recently bought a "paige" brand jean that size that seemed to be a similar fit, but I am very confused by today's sizing. It varies crazy wildly. In college, I was a dependable very consistent size 6. I was thin and in shape back then. 25 years later, I am a size 00 in some things, and I'm a tall girl. This is craziness to me. Sizes do not mean what they used to, and they seem to vary appreciably between designers. My dress size has gone down, but my body size has not. What is worse, I have an hourglass figure, so I really need clothes with a fitted waist or I look like a sack. Clothes today are designed for more of an apple figure, so it's hard to find things that fit.

Does anyone else find sizing to be crazy these days?
  • cynthiahall1970
    Options
    Great motivation guys, honestly success stories and connecting with people going through the same thing as me is what keeps me going. I'm personally not trying to worry about size but just trying to get down to 125. I am now at 150 and that is down from 168 about a month ago. I would love to keep in contact with some of you and share ideas about what we are doing and help motivate eachother. I check my email a lot more than the forums so if anyone is interested just shoot me an email at hall.cynthia1970@gmail.com. Im a little embarrassed of my before pic so i wont post them on here but if you really wanna see them i will email them. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Solid UK 6-8 on top and 8 on bottom.

(US 2-4 top and 4 bottom)
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    UK size 8 although not sure I'll ever be a size 8 on the top half which isn't a bad thing. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Goal = hard body, don't care what size that equals.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I want to get back to size 6/8, which I was last year, before I got pregnant. My baby is 4 months old and I'm still a 10/12 :cry:

(That's US sizes, although I'm English, so UK 10/12 is my goal)
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    UK size 10 would be ideal for me (US size 6). I've been a size 6/8 (US 2/4) in the past and it looked horrible on me as I have a fairly broad frame - wide shoulders, large breasts, wideset hips, so to be a size 6/8 meant I had to be an extremely low weight. Size 10 feels like it'll be just right for my height/shoulders.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I had a goal size and I reached it and still wasn't satisfied. Now, I just wanted to look good naked....well even better. :bigsmile: :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    What brand? :wink:
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be back in a single digit size - an 8 would be wonderful, and if I could do a 6, great. But I'm not too hung up on it.
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started at a uk size 18 =( Now i wear a uk 10/12 my ideal goal would be a 8 =) getting there though =) I get really happy when I put on old clothes that I have not wore in years =)
  • cinds77
    Options
    Goal is size 6 (Australian, US I think that's a 0/2?), pretty much there but now I'm more interested in getting toned rather than getting smaller. As someone else mentioned in the thread, I just want to look good naked!
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Originally, my goal was a 16, I am just a really big girl, but the closer I get the more I think a 12/14 would be nice! Guess i'll just keep at it and continue until I am happy with what I see!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Whatever size I'd be in at my goal weight