New help!!! Please ...

So I started a new eating plan, and have been starving....as I type this I am starving ???????????? I snack a lot and am eating
Healthy I just feel like I am missing something, and having a really hard time adjusting.
Any and all advice would be great. I am new at all of this so please be kind with your comments ????
Thanks a bunch.

-Jessica

Replies

• What is your eating plan? Not good to always be hungry, gurll!
    Eat some carrot sticks and celery, an apple maybe, drink some water. Chew some gum (as long as it doesn't trigger a sweet binge). But this is just a temp fix, for example if your about to go to bed but are starving. In the long run you may need to adjust the plan to maintain your health and happiness. See if your body needs an adjustment period (it may just take a lil bit to get used to whatever is new that youre doing), but if not then find a more rational plan B! Being always hungry will make you very cranky and set you up for devastating binges. Good luck hon',
    Peace and Love!
  • Jmetz09
    Jmetz09 Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks ???? I am trying to cut out fatty unhealthy carbs ???????? my diary is open if you all wanna take a look :D
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    when i first started counting my calories i would drink two large glasses of water before every meal and during every meal. i did that for three or four weeks and now my body is used to eating smaller portions :)
  • jenniferhanisch5
    jenniferhanisch5 Posts: 44 Member
    You're not eating very much. Your calories are fine but as far as food quantity it's pretty minimal. Try cutting the cheese or something in half and substituting a small salad or fruit or some veggies and hummus. That'll probably tide you over bet. Also you seem to have one very small meal a day. Try to aim for all meals to be around 400 calories and see if that works better.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    if you JUST started the plan feeling hungry is normal but will subside. a sudden change in calorie quantity always takes adjusting.

if you are completely trying to cut out carbs and fat consider just less, not none.

carbohydrates are the bodies main source of glucose (its fuel) and if you cut them you feel super hungry until you trick your body into making it elsewhere.

carbs and fat are necessary parts of a diet and dont have to be cut, just balanced.

eat filling foods, stay under calories, make sure your calorie goal is as high as it should be.
  • Jmetz09
    You're not eating very much. Your calories are fine but as far as food quantity it's pretty minimal. Try cutting the cheese or something in half and substituting a small salad or fruit or some veggies and hummus. That'll probably tide you over bet. Also you seem to have one very small meal a day. Try to aim for all meals to be around 400 calories and see if that works better.

Thanks so much! I am just so new to this ???? I was in tears to my husband because I am so motivated for this life
    Style change, but putting all the pieces together is so hard! I will for sure do the 400 calories every meal ???? thanks so much.
  • Jmetz09
    when i first started counting my calories i would drink two large glasses of water before every meal and during every meal. i did that for three or four weeks and now my body is used to eating smaller portions :)

Thank you. I will try this too :)
  • Jmetz09
    if you JUST started the plan feeling hungry is normal but will subside. a sudden change in calorie quantity always takes adjusting.

if you are completely trying to cut out carbs and fat consider just less, not none.

carbohydrates are the bodies main source of glucose (its fuel) and if you cut them you feel super hungry until you trick your body into making it elsewhere.

carbs and fat are necessary parts of a diet and dont have to be cut, just balanced.

eat filling foods, stay under calories, make sure your calorie goal is as high as it should be.

Thank you ???? I am not cutting them all the way out no :) I just need to find healthier carbs ????
  • Fiber can help keep you full, maybe you could start keeping track of fiber instead of sugar? Also, you're eating a lot of fat in comparison to protein and carbs, so maybe if you cut down a little on the fats and added in some carbs &/or proteins you would feel more satiated after you eat.

I like eating non-fat yogurt (it tastes good and its almost completely protein) and either fruits or small bowls of cereal for snacks (cheerios and shredded wheats with a banana and milk).
  • Jmetz09
    Fiber can help keep you full, maybe you could start keeping track of fiber instead of sugar? Also, you're eating a lot of fat in comparison to protein and carbs, so maybe if you cut down a little on the fats and added in some carbs &/or proteins you would feel more satiated after you eat.

I like eating non-fat yogurt (it tastes good and its almost completely protein) and either fruits or small bowls of cereal for snacks (cheerios and shredded wheats with a banana and milk).

Thanks Hun ???? I will try that too I really appreciate all of this help. Thanks so much