You are Fat, Disgusting, an Nothing you do will change that!

Options
If you are like me, you often heard people say this to you or have said it to yourself. I just want all of you to understand something. No matter how far gone you are, no matter how much you need to lose, no matter how bad your health is, YOU CAN CHANGE.

But only if you want to. All it takes is a decision to be better, and the force of will to see it done. There are a million excuses to not do it, but one important reason to make it happen.. Your life!

My dad is fighting Cancer. He has trained all his life, so he has the strength to handle it. Although he is still weakened, he has undergone 3 major operations and walked away, he is now Cancer free.

You need to be at your best!

Be your Best!

If you need help, I will do what I can, but ultimately, only you can change you.

And for those who oppose you with negativity. Just look them in the eyes and say F.U!

Apologies for any offence.

Charlie :drinker:

Replies

• mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Now I'm definitely going to the gym! Congrats on your dad, that is amazing!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. Thanks Charlie.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. Thanks Charlie. :flowerforyou:
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks! It's always great to get encouragement from anywhere you can. *smiles*
  • Jag13760
    Options
    Wonderful news on your Dad!

On a personal note, Thank you. For some reason I was having a terrible day and this post turned it around for me.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    thanks for the pep talk :) Glad your dad is cancer-free! That's awesome! Mine is just getting ready to see his oncologist for the first time (and he's not healthy to start with!!) :/
  • Linshizzle
    Options
    THANK YOU JESUS FOR HEALING YOUR DAD!!! THATS AWESOME!!! & THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!! =D HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Thanks for this post. One of my biggest fears I have. But I struggle daily with trying to kick the habit. I'm really happy to hear about your father.
  • Jalyka
    Jalyka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also Needed this today...

In Dec. I found out I had Type 2 diabetes. Although it wasn't a surprise since I have it on both sides of the family, I knew I had to change. And I am, Slowly but I am making a difference for myself by reversing the need for meds. I have lost 27lbs since last year and 17 of them was since December. I am and I will do it!!! Thanks Charlie!

Jalyka
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options

And for those who oppose you with negativity. Just look them in the eyes and say F.U!

Apologies for any offence.

Charlie :drinker:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You almost made me spit out my coffee on that one! lol
    Great to hear about your dad!
    Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for your dad.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thats very inspiring. reminds me of one of the reasons i started all this. i get so caught up with the appearance part i lost sight of the health. and even though i quit smoking after 13 years, and meth after 7 years of use, i still can feel so helpless and defeated. mostly self defeated. ppl can be really unkind to the unhealthy and overweight. its nice to hear positive words. awesome about your father btw! mine faught a level 3/4 brain tumor off for thirteen years before it took him, which is undheard of. health does help. as well as positive thinking.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news about your Dad. Such a great post. Thank you for those inspiring words. Hope you have a great day and have nothing but positivity around you.

Kim
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Charlie,

What a wonderful post! Congrats to you and your father. Thank you for posting this it's truly inspiring.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    great motivation...really needed this..thanks
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Charlie001
    Options
    Appreciate all the good wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    THANK YOU for that kick in the *kitten*!! It brought me to tears

A reminder of how we all take our daily health SO for granted while others fight to live -:angry:

God Bless your dad for fighting a well fought battle against the C - may he live long and proud!:happy:

God Bless YOU for taking the time to make us appreciate each moment more!

:smile:
  • Charlie001
    Options
    :drinker:
  • juleelee
    juleelee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck to your father!