Goal weight by 30

Options
Hi Everyone! This is my first time trying MFP. I feel like having something keeping me accountable for my nutrition and my activity will be helpful in getting my head back in the game. I recently moved from Canada to Australia, and the move totally destroyed the healthy habits and routines I had built over a year of healthy eating and regular activity back 'home'. I've been trying (without much success) to find my equilibrium here, and it's proven the be a challenge. Now that summer is ramping up in Australia, I'm motivated to get back on track.

I have also just started a 30 day no-alcohol cleanse and am on day 4. Somehow, over the past 4 months, the routine had become beer or wine almost every night, shared with new friends or my husband or both... and everyone knows that kind of thing spells disaster for both your energy levels as well as weight loss and muscle building.

So, turning a new leaf, and keeping track of in-take and out-put will hopefully get me back to where I want to be, which is on track to being in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday! Anyone who wants to add encouragement to my journey, or if you need a little helping hand, please get in touch or add me as a friend! All the best!

Replies

• mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I know the feeling when you are out of sync. I hope you are settling in well, you sure are making the right lifestyle choices already by just being here.

I would love to encourage you on your journey.

You can do this.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did the same and got in shape for turning 30. We had a baby when I was 31 and now at 33 Im about 7lb more than I was then, but will keep going and get there one day!

Good look
    Helen
  • brainleakage
    brainleakage Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm feeling supported already!!
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 30 next year and would love to lose 50 pounds by then. I've been yo-yoing, so it might be hard, but I'm determined. I'll add you!