Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide??

Options
Hi all,

Over the past few weeks I've lost all motivation and have been kind of disheartened by that, so I've somewhat given up with healthy eating habits. I need to get back on track and get into it again. I was looking into Kayla Itsines workouts because she has some incredible before-after stories and was wondering if anyone has feedback about her program? Does it really work that well? Granted, I know it depends on how much effort I'd put into the workout, and I'm out of shape, as I havent gone to the gym in a really long time (I'm sad to say), but I kinda want to try it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but you can purchase a fitness blender plan quite cheaply or put together your own workouts for free on you tube. They are very effective. Motivation for me has slipped in the last few weeks, so today I changed my profile picture to how i looked a few years back. It has done the trick for me. I dont want to look like this again. Good luck.
  • bvar1
    bvar1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and good luck to you too!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and good luck to you too!

Thank you.
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it, i'm starting week 4 and have deffinitely now noticed some difference. You will see results :) But it does take a little while to see them, but you'll tone up a lot and it is tough but worth it :) hope this helps
  • bvar1
    bvar1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it, i'm starting week 4 and have deffinitely now noticed some difference. You will see results :) But it does take a little while to see them, but you'll tone up a lot and it is tough but worth it :) hope this helps

Thank you, definitely helped! I've heard it's very hard. Would you mind giving a preview of what a few days of the workout plan is? Do you need weights or other materials?
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I have completed the first Kayla Itsines 12 week plan, and now am going to start her 2nd Bikini Body Guide. Its great, and I like the variety of the workouts, because its always changing up, so your body is always being challenged. They are HARD though, especially in the last few weeks of the programme. The good thing is though, the workouts are only 4 x 7 minute rounds.

Message me if you want more details ;)
  • SM810x
    Options
    I just started Week 5 and i've seen great results so far, not so much on the scale, i haven't lost any weight BUT in the mirror, total change. It's worth trying it out. I've got a progress instagram if you'd like to check it out, (bbg_lesta) i haven't posted what the workouts are but if you'd like she's got a week's worth of workouts for free on her page, you can give it a try and see how you feel. http://www.kaylaitsines.com.au/free-downloads/
  • Tanstar76
    Tanstar76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have this guide and have been using it sporadically and want to follow it closely now, are you all using her food guide as well??? Wondering if I will get good results not using the food guide and just eating well and tracking my calories.
  • lolrockett
    lolrockett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I have just started this and I was wondering how many circuits were people managing to complete of each set of exercises at the start? I found these so tough for my 1st leg day I only managed 2 circuits of each and couldn't go for the 2nd 7 min set in each. Am I alone? My legs were still sore 5 days later MAD!
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm sorry i took ages to reply!

I never finished the 7 minutes, like i could finish after 5...but will run to make up the 7 mins...It can be hard, but plough through! :) you can do it!! :) and my legs also hurt too, it was great.
  • deniseis
    Options
    I was sort of confused. I bought this program on ebay and although I havent gotten it yet - how exactly do the workouts work?? I get they are 7 minutes each but do you just randomly pick 4 workouts and do them each for 7 minutes??
  • hikkichan
    hikkichan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone completed the program without joining a gym? I only have dumbbells and a jump rope. I don't have the rest of the equipment. Can I still do it without the other equipment? What can I use as an option?
  • Charlyfitness13
    Charlyfitness13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya.Yea Ive been doing this work out at home. I have dumbells, skipping rope and a yoga mat for the floor work. I've been using the bottom step of my stairs as a step :) Its so hard. I have started week 3 this morning. I still havent managed to complete the 4x7mins workouts. I get to the middle of the third set and my body turns to jelly and i am a sweaty mess. Lush! I'm really hoping that my fitness levels will get better the more I push through, then I'll start from the beginning again and do it to the max.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    hikkichan wrote: »
    Has anyone completed the program without joining a gym? I only have dumbbells and a jump rope. I don't have the rest of the equipment. Can I still do it without the other equipment? What can I use as an option?

I'm only on week 2 at the moment, but you do not need a gym at all! I only have dumbbells and an aerobic step, but like the poster above me, you could easily use the bottom step of your stairs instead or a chair.

deniseis wrote: »
    I was sort of confused. I bought this program on ebay and although I havent gotten it yet - how exactly do the workouts work?? I get they are 7 minutes each but do you just randomly pick 4 workouts and do them each for 7 minutes??

For each resistance day there are 2 circuits, with 4 different exercises each. You don't pick them randomly, you are shown what to do :) You do circuit one, then a break, circuit 2, break, circuit 1 again, break, circuit 2 again and you're done (and will probably collapse on the floor begging for water!) Don't worry, it's all explained really well in the book :)

I'm worried about you buying the book off of ebay though, be careful. It is an e-book, so it should have been e-mailed too you as soon as you paid, I assume. Anyway just keep an eye out, I'd hate to think you were scammed out of money.

• hikkichan
    hikkichan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying Charlyfitness13 and Maquillage_!!!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Bumping this post! Just started the guide this week so anyone else doing it feel free to add me :)
  • robotoon
    robotoon Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm on week10 and have amazing result - no gym require but i have dumbbell,bench and step.had to modify some of the exercise in later weeks like double bench jump (did power jump instead) bosu burpee(i just do an extra push up when go down on my hands before spring up)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    hikkichan wrote: »

I'm only on week 2 at the moment, but you do not need a gym at all! I only have dumbbells and an aerobic step, but like the poster above me, you could easily use the bottom step of your stairs instead or a chair.

deniseis wrote: »

For each resistance day there are 2 circuits, with 4 different exercises each. You don't pick them randomly, you are shown what to do :) You do circuit one, then a break, circuit 2, break, circuit 1 again, break, circuit 2 again and you're done (and will probably collapse on the floor begging for water!) Don't worry, it's all explained really well in the book :)

I'm worried about you buying the book off of ebay though, be careful. It is an e-book, so it should have been e-mailed too you as soon as you paid, I assume. Anyway just keep an eye out, I'd hate to think you were scammed out of money.
    Sounds like someone is pirating it. I'd contact kayla itsine and check she knows about it. I CANT ABIDE pirating.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I'll never respect any so called 'professional' that sells workout plans which aren't even customised for YOUR SPECIFIC needs.

Why ever pay cash for something that can be found free online?
  • LaurenAmelia48
    LaurenAmelia48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started it... I couldn't get through the first workout AT ALL. Any advice? Has anyone else had this trouble? It's making me pretty discouraged :(