IIFYM help!!!

Options
In need of help! I am 6 weeks into counting macros, and the only thing the scale has done is go up a pound. I am doing 1400cals a day, 40f, 123c,140p. I am diligent about counting, although meeting my protein is always hard. I work out 4-5 days a week. I do strength training 4 days, and cardio at least 3. I don't understand why I haven't seen any results! My scale says I have 31% body fat, I've been told this may be inaccurate. I am 4'11, 130lbs. If anyone has suggestions it would be helpful!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    First, you don't need that much protein. I would alter your macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats. Second, do you use a food scale? And can you open your food diary? Also, any medical conditions?
  • navywife_86
    Options
    I am new to flexible dieting as well but I think that your intake might be low. There is an awesome facebook group that can probably help you out a ton! Just search for female flexible dieters.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    Your numbers aren't adding up, better check your tracking and then cut something out of the diet completely, like carbs or fat.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Your numbers aren't adding up, better check your tracking and then cut something out of the diet completely, like carbs or fat.

There is no need to eliminate any macro.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    In need of help! I am 6 weeks into counting macros, and the only thing the scale has done is go up a pound. I am doing 1400cals a day, 40f, 123c,140p. I am diligent about counting, although meeting my protein is always hard. I work out 4-5 days a week. I do strength training 4 days, and cardio at least 3. I don't understand why I haven't seen any results! My scale says I have 31% body fat, I've been told this may be inaccurate. I am 4'11, 130lbs. If anyone has suggestions it would be helpful!

Since you are 130
    You could drop protein to 104 - 130gr / day.
    And then up your carbs.

But in 6 weeks, you have only went up 1 lb?
    I would say keep doing what you are doing then really......
    Since you are lifting, make sure you are doing your basic compound lifts and trying to go up in weight each workout (progressive overload).

I would say most likely you aren't logging everything you eat....
    or you are not weighing/properly measuring everything you eat......
    Because about 1400 calories is gonna be a good number for you at this point.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Do not do this. Please.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    doh1_zpsab65b7fb.jpg

Do NOT cut any macro, please!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1) weigh your food
    2) if you've just started exercising, it's normal not to lose for a bit, your muscles are retaining water
    3) I agree that you don't need that much protein. 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein is a great balance for weight loss
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    doh1_zpsab65b7fb.jpg

Do NOT cut any macro, please!

The perfect picture to go with the statement! Like Mity said your protein looks to be a bit high, and going up 1lb after 6 weeks sounds like a good thing. I would say take pictures, without knowing your activity level before you started, this one lb might be something like 2lbs pure fat lost and 3lbs LBM gained. (numbers and results may vary)
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yep, it looks like you should be at about 1370 calories, so you should be right on the money. Are you eating all of your exercise calories back? That might be something to look at.

Everyone else has great advice too...except to cut out a macro. Absolutely not.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Aside from your weight, are you tracking other fitness stats like body measurements, body fat %, your performance during your workouts? If your performance is getting better, then you're doing it right. You can be making a lot of progress that is missed by the scale.

Allan
  • beckera1
    beckera1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That was all super helpful, thank you! I was weighing and measuring eveything the first few weeks, then started eyeballing. I will definitely go back to weighing it all out. Also, I am not taking back in the calories I burn. I often do not even track that. Should I be taking them back in? That seems counter productive!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    That was all super helpful, thank you! I was weighing and measuring eveything the first few weeks, then started eyeballing. I will definitely go back to weighing it all out. Also, I am not taking back in the calories I burn. I often do not even track that. Should I be taking them back in? That seems counter productive!
    This would be my guess for the issues. A food scale can be the difference between success and failure for many people. Even after doing IIFYM for a few years, I'd still be basically guessing without my scale. I agree with others you have your protein set too high and it could come down a little to allow for more fats or carbs if you prefer. Some people prefer high protein though as they find it satiating. I always consume a fair bit more protein then what is needed to maintain lean mass.