Challenge!! no fast food for a month

Options

Replies

• pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    But I've made the promise to myself, that at my 30 day/1 month mark, I will adjust to every payday (once every 2 weeks) I will treat myself to a dinner at an establishment WITHOUT a drivethru window lol.
    ie: I have to want it bad enough to get dressed, drive to place, get out of car, sit down, and order.
    make it worth my while, other than a quick (like a junkie) fix that drivethru was for me.

This is very smart. I might have to steal this idea - well done!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Well done to all who are taking on this strategy.

People should get made with the fast food industry. i am now convinced that this is the reason for the obesity epidemic. I have watched tv shows and read books that explain how it all came about in some detail.

the population has been severely manipulated by this industry. Fast food affects your appetite and not just your weight. It affects the way you think about food. Its not really about lack of willpower at all.

Why should we get mad at the food industry? Maybe we should get mad at ourselves for blaming everyone else for our poor choices. The food industry didn't force feed you while you sat on the couch.

I will continue to eat fast food, sugar and whatever else.... but hmm good luck to you all

Yep......and lost a few pounds!!! :drinker:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If they take forever to put my order together, does it still count?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Does this rule out Five Guys and Chipotle? They are technically "fast casual" and therefore not within the marketing confines of "fast food."
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the challenge? Like what do you consider "fast food"?

Is it chain restaurants like Burger King or McD's? Then, yes, I'll support ya. Just friend me.

Or is it food that is made fast? Like I can make a baked potato in five minutes, omelet in three and so on. All of it fast food, none of it "bad".
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, I need help doing this.... my will isn't that strong at the moment. All I am asking is for someone to keep me motivated to stay away from fast food for a month.. maybe even longer... you can yell at me, just keep me motivated to not eat fast food...
    Maybe this will help also to motivate why obesity is so high in the US. I was guilty of it also and now I haven't eaten fast food or (Fast subtract the s) fat food since Feburary of 2014.

original.jpg
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in! For the folks asking "what is fast food?" I'm assuming the OP is referring to chain restaurants like McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, etc. I would also consider places like Panera, Chipotle, Five Guys, etc. as "fast food" personally. But I imagine each person participating in this challenge can define what counts as fast food for himself or herself.
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :sad:

Maybe this is better for the post below.
    Clean-up-your-diet-in-5-weeks.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Enter fat shaming. :noway: :noway:
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I dont eat at 'fast food' restaurants ( mostly because i don't like them rather than any diet ambitions) so for me fast food is ready meals from the suremmarket - but i am so up for this
    I am going to aim to make all my meals for a month!

good luck to everyone.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I am in! Not because I think fast food is the devil, but because I'm in a rut and I need to start cooking again! lol
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    (what if MFP told you that you can lose weight without fighting these windmills of your mind)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm in! For the folks asking "what is fast food?" I'm assuming the OP is referring to chain restaurants like McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, etc. I would also consider places like Panera, Chipotle, Five Guys, etc. as "fast food" personally. But I imagine each person participating in this challenge can define what counts as fast food for himself or herself.

True
    429936_10150750413583465_129446698464_11573274_1665300311_n.jpg

Wow, could you get any more offensive?

331hyk3.jpg

^eats Taco Bell, McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King.....

Your logic is flawed if you think these things are what made people overweight. Overeating in general is the root cause to obesity, outside of possible medical issues that may cause it to be more difficult but not impossible to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    (what if MFP told you that you can lose weight without fighting these windmills of your mind)

Stop Mr. Sinister... There is no room for your logic here (or at least that looks like sinister in your ticker)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

True
    429936_10150750413583465_129446698464_11573274_1665300311_n.jpg

Wow, could you get any more offensive?

331hyk3.jpg

^eats Taco Bell, McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King.....

Your logic is flawed if you think these things are what made people overweight. Overeating in general is the root cause to obesity, outside of possible medical issues that may cause it to be more difficult but not impossible to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Stop Mr. Sinister... There is no room for your logic here (or at least that looks like sinister in your ticker)

Muahahaha! She's caught me, she thinks.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    eatchair.jpg
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If they take forever to put my order together, does it still count?

I always get behind the person ordering 25 burritos. No longer fast food.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just looked at my calendar and it has been 2 months since I have had any type of fast food. I have been eating my breakfast, lunch and dinner from home and go to nicer restaurants on the weekends. I also cut out diet drinks and artificial sweeteners. I feel so much better. Lost 10 pounds and want to keep on going. I do have a cruise in 10 days, but I am going to be very careful and not partake of the big buffets and watch what I eat. Best of luck to everyone! We can do this.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Muahahaha! She's caught me, she thinks.

I don't think.. pounce!

2dumlip.gif