Are you KIDDING ME???

Options
Just wanted to share what I consider to be a HUGE non-scale victory! Not that I'm complaining about the scale either. I logged onto MFP for the first time on Nov. 4, 2010. I weighed 185 lbs and my starting overall measurements were 177.5 inches. I've lost 19 lbs, which I'm very proud of. I've had lots of ups and downs (and the downs were ugly) but I stuck with it, with the help of my incredible, awesome MFPeeps here! Took my measurements today and I just about fainted! :noway: In 3 weeks I've lost another 6.7 inches. Since I started on Nov. 4 I've lost an overall total of 22 INCHES!!!!

I've figured out it's not just about that number on the scale. It's about getting physically fit, eating well and feeling great! GET THAT TAPE MEASURE OUT!

Thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:

~Marnie

Replies

• ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    WOW! EXCELLENT! Congratulations!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    WOE!!!
    congrats!
    jac
  • AndreaAlexis
    AndreaAlexis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go!! That's such an amazing feeling! Keep it up!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    WTG!! I hope I have that much success in a short period of time. Congrats and keep it up!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You rock! What an inspiration - good for you!!! YAHHHH! :bigsmile:
  • hippygeeza
    hippygeeza Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    dude u are soo right about everything u said....the tape is soo much more important then scales....especially for us guys who tend to lift weights and skip cardio... i get am on the point where the scales arent changing but i can now see the veins on my hands and have to make new holes in my belt. so i know my fat is being reduced but just thinking about the scales can be depressing.....well done for ur success and keep up the good work
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share what I consider to be a HUGE non-scale victory! Not that I'm complaining about the scale either. I logged onto MFP for the first time on Nov. 4, 2010. I weighed 185 lbs and my starting overall measurements were 177.5 inches. I've lost 19 lbs, which I'm very proud of. I've had lots of ups and downs (and the downs were ugly) but I stuck with it, with the help of my incredible, awesome MFPeeps here! Took my measurements today and I just about fainted! :noway: In 3 weeks I've lost another 6.7 inches. Since I started on Nov. 4 I've lost an overall total of 22 INCHES!!!!

I've figured out it's not just about that number on the scale. It's about getting physically fit, eating well and feeling great! GET THAT TAPE MEASURE OUT!

Thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:

~Marnie

Great job! I too have found the happiness of the tape measure! When I don't lose weight, I measure and 9 times out of 10, there is difference! Keep up the good work!
  • Jbwilson0708
    Options
    Yay girl soooo proud !!!!!!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING!! Enjoy all your victories. I know I'm learning to do that as well. You deserve them!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    AMAZING! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I mean it when I say that if I weighted 200lbs but was still a size four, I wouldn't care. That is how I feel about the scale.

Charmagne
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    OMG, that is awesome!!! I JUST took my measurements this morning (which were not pretty, btw). I wish I would have taken them 3 weeks ago when I first started cause I can already tell that my pants are fitting a little looser. But anyway, congrats!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Outfreakingstanding!!!!!
  • Jax0203
    Options
    Well done you. I've tried to lose weight before and get too focussed on the scales when it's inches I should be concentrating on. Losing them will help fit in to the clothes I really want to wear. Your an inspiration. Keep it up.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the good work.
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nothing short of fantastic!
  • robertfoster
    robertfoster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Don't under estimate the power of exercise. Food is so much more enjoyable when you've earned it. As for the tape measure I haven't gone there yet but maybe now i will...
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!
  • mandiex0
    mandiex0 Posts: 174
    Options
    congrats. bet you look beautiful!!!!
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    AWESOME Effort - Well done !!!! :):drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!