Not using enough calories

Options
Hi i need help, i think i eat healthy (sometimes), but i dont aet enough calories, how can i increase my calorie intake without pigging out, many thanks xx

Replies

• Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    add something healthy to each meal? that way you aren't having a binge, you are just adding a bit more through out the day.

do you snack at all? that might help too. they say you should eat every 2-3 hours. if you do that, you should meet your calorie goals.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    peanut butter!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure it out too. I've been eating small healthy meals every two hours and it's slowly getting me closer. Yesterday I was 40 cals under my 1200. Good luck!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    plan your meals in advance, use olive oil on your salad or for frying your veg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat more food, just eat food that is more calorie dense.
    Eat nuts or seeds as a snack, switch from skim to 1% milk (or 1% to 2%) eat full fat versions of things (sour cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, salad dressings) Add olive oil to soups and sauces, add avocado to salads and sandwiches. Have a glass of juice instead of 1 glass of water.

Again you don't have to eat more food just make different food choices if you are having trouble eating enough calories
  • danabecks
    Options
    Thank you, for all your replies, some great tips xx