Weigh-in, a.m. or p.m.??

Options
I usually weigh in the evenings and then record my weight the next morning when I log in. When is the best time to weigh? Is it the morning or the evening before bed? Which one is more accurate??? Thanks!

Replies

• Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in the evenings and then record my weight the next morning when I log in. When is the best time to weigh? Is it the morning or the evening before bed? Which one is more accurate??? Thanks!

You know, I was wondering that myself. I was also wondering if people weigh with their clothes on or off?
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i have always heard AM is closest to your true weight...but just make sure whayever you choose for your weigh in you do the same time every time
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As soon as you wake up in the morning, I usually weigh without clothes, as some clothes are heavier than others.
  • CWhitney14
    Options
    I heard night is best since you're body retains so much water while you're sleeping. I weigh in in the same thing each time, usually just underwear and bra...so it's a consistent weight.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was told that in the morning after you do your business etc, weigh yourself with no clothes. Morning I guess is the best time...
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The morning after you use the bathroom is the most accurate. Your weight will change throughout the day due to what you eat and drink.
  • cindaroses
    Options
    I like to weigh myself in the morning, no clothes, after I use the bathroom. If you like to weigh yourself at night, do it the same time each night. Also, if you weigh in with clothes, make sure they are the same (so as not effect the weight)
  • PokenStick
    Options
    It doesn't really matter. You're going to have variations either way. Most do it in the A.M. as they are usually lighter because they had been fasting all night.

What really matters is that which ever you pick, you're consistent.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    A.M. right after you get up but before you eat or drink anything & after you go to the bathroom. Oh! and naked. Supposed to be the most accurate you can get.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, naked!!! Clothes add pounds!! lol

:)
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I always do it in the AM before I eat or do anything. I don't know about weighing, I'm always in my PJs, but it's on a tshirt, so. yeah.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i weight myself first thing in the morning after i use the bathroom. Its the very first thing I do other than go pee!! lol At night you have just eaten a days worth the food. You are more likely to weigh more at the end of the day.
  • canamoc
    canamoc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Personally I weight in the am, I pee as much as is humanely possible and then strip off and weigh........ you always weigh less in the am, sometimes a few lbs less. The am is the most accurate as you are empty.... or so I've been told!!!!
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

You know, I was wondering that myself. I was also wondering if people weigh with their clothes on or off?

It doesn't matter as long as you consistantly weighing in at that time.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I think it's whatever you feel like. LOL The main constant is that it be the same time and the same way every time. So if you wanna weigh in your birthday suit on Saturday afternoon, then go for it, just do it naked every Saturday afternoon. :wink:
  • Herenya
    Herenya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me the best time to weigh in is in the morning right after a BM. And not to wear anything, that way you don't have to account for the weight of any clothing. So take yourself a nice shower and feel refreshed and positive and then stop on the scale.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    agreed, cant make any difference as long as you do it at the same time of day on the same day each week :)
  • Texasgirl05
    Options
    I heard Morning rihgt after your first bathroom visit..
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I weigh after I do my morning business fresh out of the shower. The later you eat the more it affects what the scale says, in my experience. I always have an early meal the day before weigh in.
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in the mornings w/o clothes but I weigh in once per month at the VA, in the afternoon, with clothes (and I'm always heavier than what my scale says)! So I was thinking, for me, it might be better to weigh in with clothes and at the same time I do when I'm at the VA which is what my scale is calibrated for anyway. What do you think?