NSV - C25K Graduation

Options
sacto68
sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
Today I was able to run 3 miles at an average pace of 12.33, straight without stopping thanks to the C25K program!!! When I started I wasn't able to finish the first day. I had to repeat it several times to find a pace that worked for me (14:00 min/mil).

I felt so proud of myself when I heard my app call out the third mile. I never thought of myself as a runner, I still don't, even though I want to.

I am also down 35lbs as of this morning! :happy:

Replies

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

C25K is a great program, but it only works if you do...and you did!! I know that feeling, wait...wtf, did I really just do that!!

Congratulations on your weight loss and your health accomplishments!!
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I am working to complete c25k myself, after several tries and fails! Excellent job!!!!:happy:
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations :)

I have never been able to finish C25k. I usually get stuck around week 6.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    A big CONGRATULATIONS to you! I finished the C25K program about 8 months ago and promptly broke my ankle! So, after being out of commission for a few months, I have completed two 5K races and am registered for a 10K next month! I am 49 years old and literally did not think I could run before I started C25K program. Now I am out there 3-4 times per week. Congrats again and keep at it!
  • NBFL
    NBFL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That is completely awesome! Now, be sure to register for a fun race to celebrate your accomplishment. :wink:
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great - this is the type of story that I need to hear. Still toying with C25k and need to stop reading and start doing.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I too never thought that I would be a runner, but C25K took me there. Great program!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yay for Graduation! I'm so looking forward to that day, but I'm stuck between week 4 and 5. You've inspired me to keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!