College Student / Fast Food Worker looking to lose.

So, how are you guys? I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself if i the title didn't do it for me. I'm a 19 year old guy in college for 18 credit hours this semester, and I work at a fast food place for 15-20 hours on weekends.

I'm 5'8, Sedentary, and weigh 230 pounds. I've set my goal for 160-180 pounds because I have a couple of friends in that weight range, both in the 170... although they still have a small stomach with shirts off, when working clothes, they look completely flat or averae sized. They're the same height as me so im guessing this is where I need to aim for.

I live with over weight parents who every couple of months will dive head first into quick fix and fad diets and then a couplr of weeks later, they're back to how they were before. I've always believed in the quick fix diets as well, heck, I lost 30 pounds in a few months by mixing Weight Watchers and Slim Fast together, but, as soon as I fell away from it, I quickly regained and I'm back to step 1.

That made me realize that all these systems and diet programs don't work for the long term and now, I'm here to give a total lifestylechange a shot rather than systems and slim shakes.

Hope it goes well.

Replies

• Want to loose weight in a healthy manner and get a good body just buy some Raw natural bee's honey and some black seeds. Ever morning on an empty stomach eat 1 or 2 table spoons of honey and have a pinch of black seeds 7 seeds or so is about the amount just a pinch. Do this daily every day and also walk at-least 30 min a day do power walking fast walking you will loose lots of weight. Also drink polmagrante juice fresh real 100% stuff not the fake things. Also buy some Dates eat 3 upon waking up for breakfast. After meals take a table spoon of Raw Apple Cider vinegar get the real stuff the organic kind all natural. Don't drink soda anymore just only fresh fruit juice or milk or water thats it. Eat only 2 meals a day or 1 meal a day. Go swimming twice a week and walk 30 min fast pace every day and try to get yourself to sweat. Eat only natural foods that are fresh not fast food and chemical foods microwave stuff thats only gonna keep you down. also drink green tea the korean or Chinese or japanese kind after meals is known to make you digest well loose weight too. Drink water more then anything you drink make water the top drink you consume. Also don't always keep yourself under an air-condition like only when your about to got to sleep its fine but not through out the whole day cause hot weather working under the sun or in hot weather makes you burn more calories and fat. Also don't eat then go to bed make sure when you sleep its not on a full stomach. Best thing to do is eat breakfast lunch and skip dinner so its only 2 meals you can have a night snack but something not filling like yogurt or dates or turkey sandwich simple stuff best results and quicker is if you just skip it and eat dates instead. In a month with the exercise like fast power walking for 30 min a day and swimming two times a week with running cardio workouts with push ups sit ups and squats you will loose a lot of weight in a healthy way. And make sure when you buy your honey its 100% natural raw organic honey from bee's hive non filtered non pasteurised pure natural bee's honey. You can buy from honey farms. Just eat healthy and do what benefits you and exercise your body you will do fine.
  • Want to loose weight in a healthy manner and get a good body just buy some Raw natural bee's honey and some black seeds. Ever morning on an empty stomach eat 1 or 2 table spoons of honey and have a pinch of black seeds 7 seeds or so is about the amount just a pinch. Do this daily every day and also walk at-least 30 min a day do power walking fast walking you will loose lots of weight. Also drink polmagrante juice fresh real 100% stuff not the fake things. Also buy some Dates eat 3 upon waking up for breakfast. After meals take a table spoon of Raw Apple Cider vinegar get the real stuff the organic kind all natural. Don't drink soda anymore just only fresh fruit juice or milk or water thats it. Eat only 2 meals a day or 1 meal a day. Go swimming twice a week and walk 30 min fast pace every day and try to get yourself to sweat. Eat only natural foods that are fresh not fast food and chemical foods microwave stuff thats only gonna keep you down. also drink green tea the korean or Chinese or japanese kind after meals is known to make you digest well loose weight too. Drink water more then anything you drink make water the top drink you consume. Also don't always keep yourself under an air-condition like only when your about to got to sleep its fine but not through out the whole day cause hot weather working under the sun or in hot weather makes you burn more calories and fat. Also don't eat then go to bed make sure when you sleep its not on a full stomach. Best thing to do is eat breakfast lunch and skip dinner so its only 2 meals you can have a night snack but something not filling like yogurt or dates or turkey sandwich simple stuff best results and quicker is if you just skip it and eat dates instead. In a month with the exercise like fast power walking for 30 min a day and swimming two times a week with running cardio workouts with push ups sit ups and squats you will loose a lot of weight in a healthy way. And make sure when you buy your honey its 100% natural raw organic honey from bee's hive non filtered non pasteurised pure natural bee's honey. You can by from honey farms. Just eat healthy and do what benefits you and exercise your body you will do fine.

What??!! Seriously?
  • Yes its true Honey if its Real Raw and Organic it has enzymes that will help you have a faster metabolism and burn calories. With black seeds its effects are far greater. Some people like to have a table spoon of Natural Honey with a pinch of black seeds and with a small tea spoon of cinnamon in water when they wake up in the morning on an empty stomach. I myself take Honey with black seed in the morning on an empty stomach it boosts your immune system and makes you strong. Its known just a little bit of black seed has powerful effects a pinch does the job some people have the oil but i got the seeds its small seeds looks like sesame seeds but black in colour its known in the middle east.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Welcome @TISquirrel, it's a simple equation... eat less, move more, repeat.
  • EmmaChesko
    EmmaChesko Posts: 1 Member
    I was looking through recent posts like I do once in awhile and come upon yours and I thought I could shed some light on making this life style change work. I am the same age as you, a college student and both my parents are over weight too but I live at school. I've been at my own life style change for almost 24 weeks and have lost 48 pounds so far. The beginning is the most difficult part of the entire change because it is like you're detoxing from your old way of life. What I have figured works is making sure you put all your food in even if it isn't healthy because it makes you accountable which is super important. Try to drink at least 8 cups of water a day I'm sure you have heard this before but it really does help. For me it cleared up my skin and it kept me from feeling hungry. I read one of your other posts that your having issues with feeling hungry during the day when you eat breakfast. It will take a week or so for you to get use to it but don't only eat three big meals a day it doesn't work. I know this is hard with school because I am having troubles with it too since going back to school but eating small meals throughout the day is much better for you it keeps you feeling full and it makes you feel like you get to snack a lot which is something I really enjoyed doing before I changed the way I ate. Some other tips that worked for me and might work for you are cutting soda I did this before for two years and while I didn't lose weight then I think it is helping now, caring healthy options with you or eat before you go somewhere so your not tempted to eat poorly while your out, chose the healthy option if you want the cheeseburger try to skip it and go for the grilled chicken or the salad, try to cut processed foods - this one is really difficult and it is impossible to cut them out completely but cut them out as much as possible, switch to wheat bread and pasta or veggie pasta instead of white, try to workout a couple of times a week and do it gradually so you don't get overwhelmed and want to quit, and splurge once in awhile cutting the food you love out will make you resent the process of losing weight. Remember that this is a life style change and it is not a quick fix it will take time to lose the weight.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Want to loose weight in a healthy manner and get a good body just buy some Raw natural bee's honey and some black seeds. Ever morning on an empty stomach eat 1 or 2 table spoons of honey and have a pinch of black seeds 7 seeds or so is about the amount just a pinch. Do this daily every day and also walk at-least 30 min a day do power walking fast walking you will loose lots of weight. Also drink polmagrante juice fresh real 100% stuff not the fake things. Also buy some Dates eat 3 upon waking up for breakfast. After meals take a table spoon of Raw Apple Cider vinegar get the real stuff the organic kind all natural. Don't drink soda anymore just only fresh fruit juice or milk or water thats it. Eat only 2 meals a day or 1 meal a day. Go swimming twice a week and walk 30 min fast pace every day and try to get yourself to sweat. Eat only natural foods that are fresh not fast food and chemical foods microwave stuff thats only gonna keep you down. also drink green tea the korean or Chinese or japanese kind after meals is known to make you digest well loose weight too. Drink water more then anything you drink make water the top drink you consume. Also don't always keep yourself under an air-condition like only when your about to got to sleep its fine but not through out the whole day cause hot weather working under the sun or in hot weather makes you burn more calories and fat. Also don't eat then go to bed make sure when you sleep its not on a full stomach. Best thing to do is eat breakfast lunch and skip dinner so its only 2 meals you can have a night snack but something not filling like yogurt or dates or turkey sandwich simple stuff best results and quicker is if you just skip it and eat dates instead. In a month with the exercise like fast power walking for 30 min a day and swimming two times a week with running cardio workouts with push ups sit ups and squats you will loose a lot of weight in a healthy way. And make sure when you buy your honey its 100% natural raw organic honey from bee's hive non filtered non pasteurised pure natural bee's honey. You can buy from honey farms. Just eat healthy and do what benefits you and exercise your body you will do fine.

Please do the exact opposite of this.

Your goal weight sounds reasonable but you shouldn't focus on it too much yet. I would brainstorm some snacks and meals you can bring on the go to work or school. I personally bring a protein bar, some nuts, and my lunch all to school with me. I went to Five Below and paid about $10 for two nice little food containers that you can store the lid in the freezer so it will keep your food cold. As far as exercise goes, everyone is different. Starting out with some power walking or even go straight to lifting weights as it will tone you so when you do lose the weight you're not just left with skin! Planning is the key to success. Good luck! :)
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Want to loose weight in a healthy manner and get a good body just buy some Raw natural bee's honey and some black seeds. Ever morning on an empty stomach eat 1 or 2 table spoons of honey and have a pinch of black seeds 7 seeds or so is about the amount just a pinch. Do this daily every day and also walk at-least 30 min a day do power walking fast walking you will loose lots of weight. Also drink polmagrante juice fresh real 100% stuff not the fake things. Also buy some Dates eat 3 upon waking up for breakfast. After meals take a table spoon of Raw Apple Cider vinegar get the real stuff the organic kind all natural. Don't drink soda anymore just only fresh fruit juice or milk or water thats it. Eat only 2 meals a day or 1 meal a day. Go swimming twice a week and walk 30 min fast pace every day and try to get yourself to sweat. Eat only natural foods that are fresh not fast food and chemical foods microwave stuff thats only gonna keep you down. also drink green tea the korean or Chinese or japanese kind after meals is known to make you digest well loose weight too. Drink water more then anything you drink make water the top drink you consume. Also don't always keep yourself under an air-condition like only when your about to got to sleep its fine but not through out the whole day cause hot weather working under the sun or in hot weather makes you burn more calories and fat. Also don't eat then go to bed make sure when you sleep its not on a full stomach. Best thing to do is eat breakfast lunch and skip dinner so its only 2 meals you can have a night snack but something not filling like yogurt or dates or turkey sandwich simple stuff best results and quicker is if you just skip it and eat dates instead. In a month with the exercise like fast power walking for 30 min a day and swimming two times a week with running cardio workouts with push ups sit ups and squats you will loose a lot of weight in a healthy way. And make sure when you buy your honey its 100% natural raw organic honey from bee's hive non filtered non pasteurised pure natural bee's honey. You can buy from honey farms. Just eat healthy and do what benefits you and exercise your body you will do fine.

Ahhh, if only it was that simple.

Seriously though, if that strategy works, I take my hat off to you.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Hi Squirrel! Welcome!

My most successful year (lost 50 pounds) involved more activity and cleaner eating. I started walking to/from work (about 1.5 miles each way). We had a little fridge and a microwave in the breakroom. Id throw a frozen chicken breast and a handful of frozen veggies into a Ziploc Zip 'n' Steam bag. Since it was frozen, I didn't have to worry about it spoiling as I walked to work. I'd put it in the microwave right before my break, and it'd be ready for me when I clocked out. And when I had killer chocolate cravings, I'd eat a protein bar.

I've since tried 2 out of 3 of those things, or maybe just 1 of those things, and it doesn't work as well. You need to make healthier food choices (ask yourself, "Did Nature make this? Or did a corporation make this?"), and integrate more walking into your life. Leave the keys at home and walk whenever you can. Enjoy nature when you're out - feel the breeze on your skin, the smell of the air (if your town isn't stinky), appreciate the trees and stuff. A good, upbeat music playlist is also helpful. The time you walk is time that you're taking for yourself. Get lost in it. Daydream. Be somebody different. It makes the time go by really fast!
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member

Please do the exact opposite of this.

Your goal weight sounds reasonable but you shouldn't focus on it too much yet. I would brainstorm some snacks and meals you can bring on the go to work or school. I personally bring a protein bar, some nuts, and my lunch all to school with me. I went to Five Below and paid about $10 for two nice little food containers that you can store the lid in the freezer so it will keep your food cold. As far as exercise goes, everyone is different. Starting out with some power walking or even go straight to lifting weights as it will tone you so when you do lose the weight you're not just left with skin! Planning is the key to success. Good luck! :)

Yes, ^^^^ this is also important. You have to keep healthy snacks within reach. If you wait too long to eat, you'll end up grabbing whatever's fast and easy. Make sure you have healthy options for those times.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Welcome to MFP :)
    I am in a similar situation. I was at maintenance last year but unfortunately going back to school has caused me to gain a bit back. Hoping to be back at my goal weight by xmas :)

Advice: I see that some people have offered advice. I would like to say that I hope you do NOT only eat 2 meals! I work in fast food and it can be very fast paced and physically demanding some days! I limited my calories too much when I began and was exhausted with migraines. Eating less does not necessarily mean better results! My advice is to log everything :) That was how I lost weight. I need to get back into the habit now.

Good luck!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

LOL someone sold you on a gimmick I see.