Help with weight program

innerfashionista
innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone!

I'm getting to the point where I want to add weights to my workout, but I don't like making my own program. I have access to a full body machine (kind of. It's the clothes rack in my husband's office, and it's one of the ones you can elevate and slide on), as well as 5 pound hand weights. Are there any websites that I can put in my goals and it gives me a recommended workout? Does this site do that?

I know I want to work on my arms and back, since I get a lot of leg work through yoga, and I know what ab exercises to do. I have flabby arms that I want to replace with long, lean muscular but still feminine arms. I want to have kick-*kitten* shoulder blades.

Replies

• shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    a great place that my trainer told me to go for all kinds of info, support, logs, etc is bodybuilder.com
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Hey there!

Check this website out ... it shows exercises by muscle groups and has good, solid advice. If you explore a bit, you'll find full body workouts that you can do without any equipment, too. Bookmark it, find something that works for you, and try it out. Good luck!

http://exercise.about.com/od/exercisesformusclegroups/u/musclegroup.htm
  • I have a book I follow: "New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler. Its a really good program.
  • Shape Magazine's website has a lot of good ideas and tips. And if you sign up for Body by Glamour (which is horrible for tracking) it gives you strength routines that are great too!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I have a book I follow: "New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler. Its a really good program.

Me to!! Awesome book, info and routines with illustrated exercises.
  • sseus
    sseus Posts: 14
    That exercise.about.com site is a great resource, I've been reading through it and it helps me understand the exercises I do in Yoga/pilates class and the gym circuit. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.