Insanity Diet

Options
Hi all ,

Just want to clear something up before I start insanity routine. In the nutritional breakdown of the diet plan it says to take a scoop of protein with a meal. The brand I'm using is 100% gold standard which has 120 calories per serving, and I'm wondering are those calories included in that nutritional breakdown.

Thanks
G. Marty

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out /your own/ nutritional needs, based on your weight, height, age, sex and activity level, and your goal weight. The number MFP calculates is a bit low, but good enough as a starting point.
  • gmarty81
    Options
    Hey thanks,

Iv all that sorted that's why I'm asking that question as I'm trying to stay under 2000 cals a day, but if those 120 cals are not included it's putn over.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    120 cals is 120 cals whether it's from protein, fat, carbs or alcohol, and should be entered into your diary if you use it. If that isn't an answer to your question, I don't think I understand what you are asking...
  • gmarty81
    Options
    Think I'm just complicating things, it properly included in the diary

Thanks
  • triathlete74nl
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the food, just eat healthy. The focus is to finish the program, isn't going to be easy.
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you are following the diet in the book and it calls for the protein then it should be included. I would input it and see if the macros for each meal work out to be about the same as the meals in the included Insanity meal plan. I am starting Insanity in a little over 2 weeks and have started looking at those meals and making sure I am getting ready to follow the plan. I will probably start following the diet the week before (I am doing weight training workouts now so calories should be good) so I am ready. Good luck!