Need support buddies!

Options
Hi! My name is Allison, I just quit smoking which skyrocketed my weight gain and I weigh more than I ever have before. It's taking a toll on my arthritic knees and bad ankles! I just moved to a new area so I have NO friends here. Looking for a support group to keep me going so when I go back home everyone will be surprised! I've used this site before but I'm a career yo-yoer so this time I want to lose all of it and more! and keep it off. Thanks!!!

Replies

• MaHelper
    Options
    Best thing you did was quit smoking now all you have to do is eat healthy and exercise you will do great.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking, one of the best and hardest things to do! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    thanks!! ya quitting is definitely really hard! I was super dumb and did it the first day of PMS. I was such a wreck I ate soooo much ice cream and started crying because of the adorable puppies on Too Cute! I couldn't handle it. Then started crying because my boyfriend wasn't watching hahahahahah
  • Amelia0471
    Options
    congrats on quitting smoking, I know how hard that is from experience! feel free to add me!
  • bubblesl40
    bubblesl40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 2 months ago. It's one of the hardest things to do (IMO). Honest, every day does get easier. You have my support. Oh, and I've lost 10 lbs so losing after quitting is possible with willpower. Best wishes.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You are making good choices! You can do this! Feel free to add me!
  • healthytipsforu
    healthytipsforu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done! You can do it!
    Keep a photo diary, I asked my boyfriend to take photographs of me in my underwear and kept a photo diary. It meant I could see what I really looked like underneath my clothes. I also recorded my measurements, targets and feelings. It was a great way to keep motivated as I saw the pounds and inches disappearing.
    One thing I was told stuck in my mind: it's a good idea to consider your weight loss over a month rather than getting disheartened after a disappointing week.
    I used to hate the fact that I seemed to be constantly going up and down the stairs. Now I see it as a leg-toning exercise. I also walk a couple of miles a day with the children instead of always using the car. It's good for me, them and the environment
    "I used to meditate and visualise the new, slimmer me. I would imagine myself wearing a brand new dress or a tight pair of jeans and feeling great. Not only did it relax me, but it really helped me stay focused
    I know how soul-destroying it can be to think how far you've got to go, so my advice is to set little targets along the way, such as the next half-stone or dress size. That's what worked for me.
    I signed up to run a 5km race. I got loads of people to sponsor me and it was for a charity that meant a lot to me. I knew I had to get fit to run the race and I couldn't let everyone down, so I had the perfect reason to stay motivated

http://healthytipsforu.ifoxsolutions.com
  • prncssjnn
    prncssjnn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! Im a 24 year old mom, trying to lose the weight i put on after getting married! I need support too.
  • alligatorrawr
    Options
    Thank you all!! I added everyone who posted you guys are the best!!
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Mfp team Allison !! You'll love it here I'm sure
  • cuteandfunsized
    cuteandfunsized Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I think that's harder to do than weight loss! If you can do that you can do anything! Welcome,I'm new too,I will send a request,and anyone else who wants can add me as well! I'm a great motivater!
  • jspanman
    jspanman Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Nice one! Add me if ya like.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Hello!! I sent you a FR!

I'm Tricia, 29, from southern California.

I've used MFP in the past to drop a lot of weight and I'm back after having baby number 4.

I quit smoking back in May and I FEEL so much better.

Plus, my hair, clothes and fingers no longer smell, which is AWESOME! LOL

Anyone can add me if they'd like; I'm an Active Daily User with a Public Food/Exercise Diary
  • dyanemusgrove
    dyanemusgrove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi..I also quit smoking 18 months ago and currently weigh more now than when I was 9 months pregnant. Using mfp has really helped me.
  • jil3721
    jil3721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness!! I have been in that same boat!! But those puppies really are just Too Cute!!! :) Each day will become easier and you will feel soooo much better! :)
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! It's an accomplishment you should be really proud of. I'm just getting started on MFP as well, but feel free to add me.
  • alligatorrawr
    Options
    You all are so wonderful!! Quitting is definitely hard. My next step is the gym. OOF
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! Feel free to add me as I'm in a similar position to you as I've used this site before but never stuck at it! We have a similar amount to lose too :)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Definitely congrats on quitting smoking, that takes a lot of strength and willpower!