protein shakes??

Options
What type of protein does everyone take? What do you add to it to give it a different flavor?

Replies

• karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't necessarily have a favorite brand, but right now I'm using Dymatize elite xt, Chocolate fudge brownie which I mix with almond milk only ( it's chocolaty enough all on its own!) but when I use ON vanilla ice cream, I like to use a frozen berry medley, and almond milk with a little Splenda, now THAT is a good smoothie. The frozen berries make it thick & creamy without being watered down by ice.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i like unflavored protein like Iso-Rich (Jarrow) or TwinLab Vege, so i can have whatever flavor suits me that day.

banana.... chocoholic.... peanut butter.... cookies n' cream..... cinnamon roll..... etc...
    :bigsmile:
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you are what you eat, then I'm like 20% Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate Whey Protein. Love it in coffee.
  • gelove84
    gelove84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Isopure zero carb creamy vanilla with almond milk.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think they are all gross...but I drink them. I can handle a chocolate protein powder and I blend it up with milk and some peanut butter which helps quite a bit with the taste.

Edit: I don't really have a go-to brand.
  • robert5891
    Options
    I use Muscle Pharm Combat Powder (chocolate milk flavor). My morning smoothie is one scoop of Combat, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 cup milk, 1 T dark cocoa powder, 1 T natural peanut butter and 2 cups of ice...blend in the vitamix and good to go!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have some cheapo brand from the grocery store, vanilla flavor, and I add it to soy milk and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. But it's almost gone and I have some Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream in the hole. I hear that one's tasty. I don't add fruit or other things because I have it as part of breakfast, not as a replacement. But I like to get the vanilla in case one day I do want to make a fruit smoothie out of it, and I can still have the chocolate option using the cocoa powder. Like a twofer!
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my favourite... Interactive Nutrition Isowhey Breezer Lemon Iced tea. Yummy! Tastes like a full bodied iced tea and helps increase your water intake as well ^_^
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum, Dymatize and Isopure. Right now I'm loving the chocolate mint and chocolate coconut flavor but I use whatever I tend to be feeling like that morning, vanilla, strawberry, etc. I have a protein shake at least Monday through Friday. It's just almond milk, some fruit, spinach, and I very the add ins using flax, wheat germ, chia seeds, PB2, cacao powder and sometimes I add some oats.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Anything from Cellucor... I think you can only get it online.... I haven't found any as good as this-- though I haven't tried tons of others. I had ordered it because I thought that the Peanut butter Marshmellow sounded good, and now I have the flavors, S'more, Mint Chocolate Chip and Molten Chocolate. They are super smooth and mix really well.

I had run out for a while and went to Walmart to get a plain Vanilla Whey... I've used it all, but it's very acidic doesn't mix well-- it leaves a gritty taste that I don't care for.
  • laratonacoco
    laratonacoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use the YES Whey Protein Shake (Chocolate) and I have it with Almond Milk. Really filling and tastes great.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Anything from Cellucor... I think you can only get it online.... I haven't found any as good as this-- though I haven't tried tons of others. I had ordered it because I thought that the Peanut butter Marshmellow sounded good, and now I have the flavors, S'more, Mint Chocolate Chip and Molten Chocolate. They are super smooth and mix really well.

I had run out for a while and went to Walmart to get a plain Vanilla Whey... I've used it all, but it's very acidic doesn't mix well-- it leaves a gritty taste that I don't care for.

Cellucor is available at quite a few places even Costco. But peanut butter marshmellow sounds delicious!
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like Progressive Harmonized Vegan Protein, unflavoured. It's a decent price and because it's unflavoured, it's versatile - you can add it to soups, sauces, etc.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Cellucor is available at quite a few places even Costco. But peanut butter marshmellow sounds delicious!

OOH YAY! We just got a Costco and my work gave me a membership! Good to know.
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Isothority is probably the highest protein content per calorie. Their Chocolate Milk flavor with 4-6 oz water mixes smooth and tastes great (25g per 100 calorie serving). I'd rather eat more food with my calories. It's not cheap however.
  • axw7454
    axw7454 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started on Lean 25 about a month ago, I love it. I already see results. Also, they have every flavor imaginable for a protein shake. I just finished off Pumpkin spice today. Tomorrow I start orange creamsicle.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Garden of life Chocolate or Natural Vibrance Chocolate
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I LOVE anything by Syntha6. Everything tastes like ice cream forever. I buy it on Amazon.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Impact whey, because I get a student discount at MyProtein. Unflavoured because it costs less and I just put milkshake mix/peanut butter/ fruit in the shake, or put it in yogurt or soup or whatever.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love the ProtiDiet Fruit Concentrates. I can't stand the creamy protein shakes. These are clear, think Crystal Light, fruit flavors. They are 70 cals, 15 g Protein, and 2 Sugar. They are not as high protein as some of the others, but I use them to up my protein without upping my calories. I also mix them with 1 liter of water instead of the recommended 8 ounces so I get extra water in each day with using them. Much lighter and easier on my tummy...the creamy shake type drinks tend to upset my stomach. My faves are the Green Tea/Cranberry, Lemonade, Peach/Mango and Kiwi/Melon.