Weigh-in, a.m. or p.m.??

Options
2»

Replies

• adrienne4791
    Options
    :happy:
    I usually weigh in the evenings and then record my weight the next morning when I log in. When is the best time to weigh? Is it the morning or the evening before bed? Which one is more accurate??? Thanks!

You know, I was wondering that myself. I was also wondering if people weigh with their clothes on or off?

It doesn't matter as long as you consistantly weighing in at that time.

Agreed
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning after bathroom and completely naked is how i do it!
  • Mizzgracie
    Options
    AM w/ little or no clothes. That way I don't play the mind games of why my weight might be "more than it should be" because I drank too much water or I'm wearing heavier clothes. AM, after you've gone to the bathroom, will give the most accurate picture of weight gain/loss.

Also, I have a digital scale and ONLY hit the save button when I lose weight. I record ups and down on this site, but I've learned to love hitting the save button on my scale!
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    A.M. right after you get up but before you eat or drink anything & after you go to the bathroom. Oh! and naked. Supposed to be the most accurate you can get.

Ditto
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Naked in the morning after ahem.......
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    you should weigh yourself first thing in the morning, with no clothes, right after you've used the bathroom, before you've eaten anything. this allows you to see what YOU weigh, not you plus the food you've eaten and the water you've drank.
  • Badger1201
    Options
    Every source I have read says a.m. I suggest (for amusement purposes only), weight no clothes first note weight, then get dressed for the day and re-weigh. This will give you the weight of your clothes (subtraction and all, of course). For weight fluctuation throughout the day, to what is meant, weigh every hour to see how you weight can vary. I have read that tidal pulls can even affect the weight!!
  • ninafahamu
    Options
    For some reason when I weigh myself at night, it's almost always a pound lighter the next morning. I just go with the first thing Monday morning as my "official", that way it's at least consistent. Although I tend to weigh myself now and then when I pass the scale just to see how it might be fluctuating.
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Every source I have read says a.m. I suggest (for amusement purposes only), weight no clothes first note weight, then get dressed for the day and re-weigh. This will give you the weight of your clothes (subtraction and all, of course). For weight fluctuation throughout the day, to what is meant, weigh every hour to see how you weight can vary. I have read that tidal pulls can even affect the weight!!

That's a great idea! Thanks!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    am for me butt naked lol
  • 4Matt
    4Matt Posts: 26
    Options
    I worked at an eating disorder facility for anorexics & bulimics. We always weighed them in the morning. Their hair had to be dry, just used the restroom, & had just a gown on to get the most accurate weight.
    If you weight in in the evening you are also seeing the food & fluids you've eaten throughout the day.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning in the nude (after I pee). I have always been told that is the best.:smile:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If you weigh in first thing in the morning after going to the toilet with not clothes on you are actually weighing your body mass.

It doesn't matter if you weigh yourself at the same time of day because you don't always eat and drink exactly the same things each day. You'll be adding on the weight of the food and drink you've taken in.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I always weigh more at night. So I always weigh first thing in the morning, no clothes.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    First thing in the morning , naked and after going to the toilet.

And its this way all the time so you are consistant.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try a little experiment weigh yourself at night just before bed then in the morning after you go to the washroom and...PRESTO you'll be about 2 lbs lighter then the prior night.
    What I've been told is you lose some of that water weight as well as your body is repairing yourself while you sleep, (filling the glycogen stores in muscles, etc) That is what accounts for the loss over night

I always weigh in the morning
  • changingmadelaine
    Options
    The only time to get an accurate weight is first thing in the morning, before you've ate or drank anything, and after you've used the bathroom. I do it without clothing, but if you have clothes on it usually only makes a difference of about .2 or .4 :)
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looks like the verdict is in.....weigh in the a.m. naked...lol :laugh:

Thanks so much for all the advice. This is what I will start doing. :bigsmile:
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yeah in the am, but I dont do it naked. The scale is in the workout area, which is in the cold garage...lol. So i do it with clothes on and i would never again shower and then weigh myself. Maybe its my hair, but one time i did that and it was a 6 pound difference. Not good people. lol
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning here too...