Shiritaki noodles and keto

Can anyone who is doing Keto and is consistently losing tell me if The Shiritaki noodles are safe? How often do you eat them ? I dont want to debate about taste...many people find them gross. I hapen to like themm to each his own....I just want to know if the super low amount of carbs 4 grams per serving, no fiber, and basically no other nutritional value threw you out of ketosis.

Because I just cut up 2 big slices of pancetta, mushrooms and asparagus, some chili flakes, butter cream and parm and threw it on top of them....it was actually delicious!!

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    i have them (Miracle Noodle) about once a month and love them. Don't feel they have impeded my progress.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I eat them when I get a hankering.
    I've eaten them as often as a couple of times a week without any ill-effects as in getting kicked out of ketosis.

They have very little to no carbs depending on the brand you get & whether it's the soy or straight up kojac root.

Have at it :drinker:

ETA: keto for 2 yrs now
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    If they weren't safe, they wouldn't be sold. I eat them occasionally, and they haven't kicked me out of ketosis. So if you like them, have them and enjoy them!
  • Thanks. Yes the ones I bought are the Nasoya- Pasta zero brand. They are konjac flour , chickpea flour and potato starch...in that order.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    those are a little higher than the ones i have.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Hmmm might have to check these out. I don't even walk down the pasta isle so I had no idea.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Oh I tried these and for me, just NO. They didn't absorb any flavor.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    These are my goto on a weeknight. I'd eat 4 to 5 packets a week. I fry some bacon and green beans in butter, throw the noodles in after washing them well, add some vegeta or garlic salt or something, some chili powder. A tablespoon of cream and about 25g of parmesan cheese, stir through. I consistantly lose weight, and am in keto, they don't hurt at all.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Hmmm might have to check these out. I don't even walk down the pasta isle so I had no idea.

Not usually in the pasta isle, they are mostly in the "Natura foods" section, where they have all the Atkins bars and gluten free crap.
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Both my husband and I have eaten the Pasta Zero noodles quite happily with no impact on losses.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member

Not usually in the pasta isle, they are mostly in the "Natura foods" section, where they have all the Atkins bars and gluten free crap.

LoL. I don't go down that isle either. As a matter of fact I don't go to many grocery stores at all. When I do it is for some veggie or chicken breast I wasn't able to get other wise. But i am interested in learning how to make some homemade keto type of noodle.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    Could not find any local so ended up getting them from good ole Amazon.