Would it be rude?

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
If I asked the owner of the hotel I am at to bake a frozen pizza in his home area of the hotel? I kinda want one.

Replies

• rachelesmfp
    Options
    You can always ask. As long as your not waking him up to do it :) He can always say no.
  • mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    offer to share, and maybe a beer?
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sure you could ask but if I were the owner of the hotel I'd be a little "WTF?":noway: at the request. And I would probably give you some take out pizza menus.

(It is a little rude. Unless when you checked in they said "If there is anything, and I mean ANYTHING that I can do for you while you're staying here please tell me. And I mean ANYTHING!" then that's a different story.)'

ETA: Look at it this way: how would you feel if your neighbor came over and said "Hey, do you mind cranking up the stove and making me a pizza? I really want one. Thanks dude!"
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Not at all. While your at it see if his wife will give you a massage.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would ask. Turn on that charm of yours,
    shake ya *kitten*, watch yoself, show em what you workin' with

It just might happen
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If the hotel has a restaurant that serves pizza then it might be rude.
    Assuming not I'd ask - they can always say no if they're not willing/able to help out. Worth a try.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I do something similar by calling the cops and telling them to take me from my home to work and telling them that my tax dollar pay their salaries and that I own them
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You could always feel it out.

Be charming for awhile and then say, "you know what I'm craving? Frozen pizza. Too bad my room doesn't have an oven."

If they look a little skeptical. Add "and beer, lots and lots of beer".

If they take the bait - you're in.

If not, don't buy the frozen pizza.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    My wife ordered a room service pizza from an executive suite in a downtown hotel before and got a digorno...
  • wheird
    Options
    Well I didn't actually want to buy a pizza...

Should I just see what they were planning for dinner instead?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

No. That's just wheird. :laugh:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    If I asked the owner of the hotel I am at to bake a frozen pizza in his home area of the hotel? I kinda want one.

hey smart ones makes a pizza you can make in the microwave that comes with a built in crisper tray. itsn not bad. even my teen boys liked it when I made it for us.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Tell him to yah coward!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Sure you could ask but if I were the owner of the hotel I'd be a little "WTF?":noway: at the request. And I would probably give you some take out pizza menus.

(It is a little rude. Unless when you checked in they said "If there is anything, and I mean ANYTHING that I can do for you while you're staying here please tell me. And I mean ANYTHING!" then that's a different story.)'

ETA: Look at it this way: how would you feel if your neighbor came over and said "Hey, do you mind cranking up the stove and making me a pizza? I really want one. Thanks dude!"

His neighbor isn't paying money to stay at his house. Apples vs. Oranges there
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    50539904.jpg
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I would just call them up and ask them what they are wearing.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Depends.

Cauliflower crust or no?
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

So?

Just because you're paying money to stay at a hotel where the owner lives doesn't make it any less rude to ask them to make you a pizza.

Perhaps when I'm in Key West staying at the B&B I always stay at I'll just pick up the phone that goes directly to their house and ask them if they could whip me up something for dinner and bring it over. You know, since I'm paying money to stay there and all and they live right down the street.
  • wheird
    Options

So?

Just because you're paying money to stay at a hotel where the owner lives doesn't make it any less rude to ask them to make you a pizza.

Perhaps when I'm in Key West staying at the B&B I always stay at I'll just pick up the phone that goes directly to their house and ask them if they could whip me up something for dinner and bring it over. You know, since I'm paying money to stay there and all and they live right down the street.

Where I come from neighbors watch out for each other
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

So?

Mmmmkay.