6 weeks post gastric sleeve

Options
Hello. Looking for friend to share food trends, wt loss, motivate and support, recipes, and just other sleeve related stuff. If you have already had the sleeve done please friend me.:smile:

Replies

• tsangia
    Options
    Hello I was sleeve July 28th, I've lost about 44 pounds. Strange new thing started happening within the last week, my hair is flat and greasy. I'm going to try a clarifier shampoo and recommended . How are you doing with exercise? I'm in Nj where are you?
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im in Atlanta. No hair problems yet. Im actually not exercising yet as I am too weak and dizzy ......I have been working on getting more fluids. I do brisk walks sometimes, but not regular exercise yet.....
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the VSG community board here on MFP...folks in the general forums tend to not be super friendly to those who have surgery. Too many ignoramuses out there who think surgery is the "easy way out". http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1069-vsgers
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I had the sleeve Oct 22 of last year and have lost 87 lbs to date.....some ups and downs with a crazy work schedule (2 jobs) and 2 teenage kids.....so I am back on track with protein shakes. Exercise is best when done slowly....make sure your MD ok's it for you. I am back on track now and moving on with the loss......there is also a cook book I found on Amazon for people with the surgery its called EATING WELL AFTER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. I also use some recipes from HUNGRY GIRL...they have a web site and cook books you can find on Amazon as well as Barnes and Noble.....I also find great things on their website and they email a newsletter. Hope some of this helps........please feel free to add me as a friend....it will be great talking to someone else and share experiences and notes......good luck :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • afk1
    Options
    well said....I have found that true in everday life....it is just a tool to be used as anything else in losing weight.....thanks for that info too...wondering if there was anything out there....have a great night.....please feel free to add me as a friend
  • afk1
    Options
    please feel free to add me, always looking for someone else who had the sleeve and share stories, experiences and exchange information......have a great night:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • DANSLEEVER
    Options
    Got my sleeve August,4 2014.. down 35 lbs and feeling great.. any one else
    On their 6 week post op. .