Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Specialty pizza nutrition value

Anybody finding it difficult to enter how many calories some of these specialty pizzas are? Especially when they are thin crust and cut into squares. We really like Palio's Pizza Cafe in Denton Texas, but can't find any nutritional info on their menu. The pizza's we order are thin crust, such as my new favorite "The Prestino", which is garlic butter, olive oil, genoa salami, meatballs, fresh mushrooms, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh garlic, and fresh basil.

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    That sounds delish!
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Bah I hate logging pizza. I live in NY and we have lots of specialty ones. I tend to count on the high end.
  • Anxieux
    Anxieux Posts: 275 Member
    It's a good thing that my schools cafeteria has calorie values all over the place :smokin:
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    go to the frozen foods in the store and check the thin crust pizza's there and find something close to it. You can always use this link but you're going to have a good idea what it has on it... http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    Using that site I came up with the following.

pizza (194 g) dough (crust,+single+12") [186424]
    Garlic Butter [142380]
    olive (15 g) oil (tbsp)
    genoa (1 cup) salami (serving) [102831]
    meatballs (1 cup)
    fresh mushrooms
    feta (150 g) (150 g) cheese (cup,+crumbled)
    mozzarella cheese
    fresh (9 g) garlic (cloves) [183517]
    fresh (5 g) basil (tbsp) [2044]

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 135 g

Calories 260 Calories

Total Fat 17.6
    Saturated Fat 7.6g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 50mg
    Sodium 611mg
    Potassium 84mg
    Total Carbohydrates 7.9g
    Dietary Fiber 1.3g
    Sugars 1.3g
    Protein 23.7g
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I eat pizza for lunch every now and again. When I can't find nutritional info (i.e. usually), I just log a similar slice from a chain.

Domino's is good for specialty pizzas because it will give you the nutritional info of custom pies and they have most common ingredients. Sbarro's is good for more common ones because it's very greasy and gives an upper bound on calorie count.