Fat stomach!

Options
Why is it so hard to lose weight in the stomach area? My legs have shrunk a lot, as well as my hips, waist, and even face...but my stomach...yeahhh....does not want to leave, no matter how many eviction notices I have sent it...I do the ab machines at the gym...any other suggestions? Grrrrrr!!! :explode: :grumble: :sad:

Replies

• oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Keep working. :)
    It will shrink at last if that's ur genetics- can't spot reduce fat unfortunately.
    Make sure u are eating enough protein and challenging ur muscles in each workout

Good job on weight lose so far!
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, friend. I would give anything to be able to tell whatever weird biochemical mechanism it is that decides where fat is going to melt off next that really, please leave my boobs and butt alone for the time being and focus on my GIANT gut. But alas, all we can do is keep working and trust that eventually it will go away!
  • Smpo1979
    Smpo1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My belly is always the last place to get the effing memo. Eventually, it does begin to go down. Keep doing the things you know will make your body into your best body.
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Same here lady! I've been wishing for a slim tummy since I was 15. Just gotta keep with it. You're doing SOOO well, if you keep at it you'll be loving the results:D You inspire me so much with your success!
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just get so frustrated clothes shopping now, because I need smaller jeans,and they are all loose in the legs, yet tight around the tummy, but thanks for the kind words, and you keep up the great work as well!! <3
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I've often heard that abs are made in kitchen. I'm still looking for that kitchen! But seriously, I think you have to eat a very clean diet to have a more defined stomach. Whenever I indulge in too much sugar or processed foods, I notice my pants feel tighter. If I can cut back and almost eliminate those things, my clothes fit better.

Have you tried doing Pilates or simply doing planks for your core? Might be worth a shot! Good luck. I feel your pain!:flowerforyou:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It will get smaller. Keep losing and keep working your stomach muscles. The hard work will pay off. You will see the results. Keep going! :)

My stomach and upper thighs - they are stubborn! But I'm more stubborn. :)
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear this! I lost weight in my shoulders/neck but so far don't feel that it's really left my stomach. I do know I've lost a little bit in my hips, but not enough. Miles to go before we sleep, friend, just know you're not alone! :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    What if you did abs 3x a day? I'm going to try to do it 2x a day, in the past it made a diff. Still huge but it does make a diff.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is stubborn, especially when you're female so I hear! Give it time, it'll start to sod off eventually. Good job on your loss so far!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing.