800 calorie diet..

Options
..is NOT what I'm eating!! haha okay so now that I have your attention, I have a quick question. I get home from work at 11 so I usually eat 'dinner' pretty late at night. if I overeat, could I log it into the next day? that way I'd still keep my weekly number in a good spot? now i'm only talking about 200 or so calories here, nothing huge.

Replies

• Rachinator92
    Rachinator92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I count when I'm up as 1 day. So If I'm sleeping for the night, that's the end of my day... So no, I'd say since you're still awake that'd be the same day so I wouldn't log it on tomorrow..
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Technically you should wait to eat until 12:01 if you are going to log it in the next day.

I really don't think your body cares what day you log it. You ate so own it.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    okay cool thank you. I was thinking in terms of weekly numbers instead of daily, but in general I need to just not overeat at all haha. just wondering if it was acceptable every now and then. thanks guys!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Sure, weekly numbers work. That's the whole idea behind Weight Watcher's "bonus points" that you can save up and eat over the weekend or whatever.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    I swear I never really understood weight watchers. then again, I never really took the time to read about it haha. I've always just looked at daily numbers and just recently started looking at weekly goals. thank you!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I balance my calories over the week, as do many others. Go ahead and add it to tomorrow's, as long as you're under your goal for the week, it doesn't really matter.
  • saberika87
    saberika87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree, a weekly total is completely fine. Sometimes if I know I have a dinner party or something on a weeknight or weekend, I'll save up some extra calories for that night so I could have a treat or whatever and I still lose. I think it's all relative even on a weekly scale.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you use at the phone app, it gives you a weekly total, all packaged up nice and pretty.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    If you use at the phone app, it gives you a weekly total, all packaged up nice and pretty.

ah awesome! I just found that, thanks everyone!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I look at weekly intake as well and often log stuff for the next day, etc. Obviously, it works either way.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Technically you should wait to eat until 12:01 if you are going to log it in the next day.

I really don't think your body cares what day you log it. You ate so own it.

What if your macro reset is delayed and doesn't happen at 12.01?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you log it, as long as overall intake throughout the week/month/year is a deficit. Just make sure you don't let it get out of hand because your next day will have a lower allowance, which may lead you to technically "overeat" again then it's just days and days of future-logged content. If you are sure this won't make you spiral into and endless loop of overeating then by all means!

It does work for me, though if I overeat by a lot I just scoff it off because future-logging it would leave me deprived for the whole week. You may as well give it a try, after all that's how intermittent fasting works - by postponing or eating in advance and then going low calorie on some days of the week.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Back when I logged my calories, I did it over the week instead of day to day. I'd just log each day accurately and honestly and track it in an Excel spreadsheet to get my weekly average.