Two NSVs - what are yours from today?

Options
Raemama
Raemama Posts: 203 Member
I had two remarkable NSVs and I'm really proud of them both.

1. I bought two tops in an XL size today when at several points in the not so distant past I had to purchase 3X. (Looking forward to the day I can shop for my whole body in misses - I won't know what to do with myself with so many choices!)

2. For the first time in my life of counting calories, I had several hundred calories leftover and I really didn't feel like I needed to eat them (i.e. I wasn't hungry for something else to eat). Wow! That was a neat feeling.

What exciting or even subtle NSVs have others experienced today?

Replies

• FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had someone come up to me and compliment me after I killed it in Zumba Step class earlier today! I was silly happy and felt awesome. =)

Great job on your NSVs!
  • Raemama
    Options
    That had to have felt awesome!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I buttoned the size 12 dress that has hung in my closet for 2 years waiting on me to get thinner! Its still too tight to wear, but it won't be long now!
  • Raemama
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I fit into a 10 year old skirt, too bad it looked out of style. At least it fit. I migrated from obese to overweight too. Happy dance
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I cranked the treadmill up to 6.5mph and ran that for about 10 minutes...felt I could go for longer, but had limited time and needed to do the stairmaster and weights/abs.
    also cleaned most of the L and XL clothes out of my closet last weekend and moved in the M & S clothes that I binged on:)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I got up to 50lbs on the glute isolator...I started at 20? I have what is called noassatall syndrome...so Im working on it. I also got to the gym though I did not feel like it. I met my protein goal today.

It was a good day.
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Super stressed at work. I still ate within my calorie goal and came home and rode my stationary bike when I wanted Wendy's and to sit on my *kitten*. My weight loss progress is slow but the changes within are remarkable!

You guys who have posted to this... Great job. Amazing achievements!!!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have what is called noassatall syndrome...so Im working on it.

I feel you on this...have the same issue...didn't used to have it, even when I was down in the 130s in my twenties, but losing this weight in my 40s has been different...made my booty disappear rather than my boobs...weird. Have been doing the stairmaster pretty regularly and it seems to be helping.
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Put on my fave Levis that have been too small for over 2 years. Not only do they fit, I had to wear a belt! :smile:
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I walked two days in a row and I feel full today without gouging myself.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I took my twins to a playcentre today, and rolled around with them on the jumping castle (and fell over when I dismounted), crawled on the playmat with my butt in the air - and I didn't care who saw me doing what, and didn't constantly tug at my shirt to make sure I was completely and utterly covered.
  • Raemama
    Options
    Yay for everyone! Keep it up. We will do it!
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I asked a very muscle bound guy at the gym for some advice on form when doing my squats and overhead press. Starting to overcome my "shyness/not fitting in" phobia around the weights. He was very helpful and interested in what I was doing. I explained the Stronglift 5x5 to him and showed him the app. He seemed impressed by it and we chatted in-between sets for a bit. Really helped me with the comfort level to be able to ask for help and then to get a positive response.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I fit into a 10 year old skirt, too bad it looked out of style. At least it fit. I migrated from obese to overweight too. Happy dance

I rocked a 20 year old dress from my pre-baby days last Sunday- because I could. You'd be surprised how many complimented me on the 'vintage' find. Everything old is new again!

Now to find an occasion for my 80's teal silk Georgio suit. :happy:
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I got Swiss Cake Rolls, and was satisfied after one serving.
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1) I weighed in this morning at 152.2lbs -- I haven't been that low since April 3/14

2) I actually pushed through my strength training this morning. It took me a couple hours longer to get started, but I did it! :smile:
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Put on my last years denim jacket and it was way to big. :bigsmile:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Nothing for me today, but congrats everyone!
  • lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found that I can do real pushups instead of 'ladies pushups,' feeling strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!