Looking for accountable individuals...

Options
Hi, I'm Elizebeth I am looking for a few ladies who are wanting to lose weight in a healthy way. I am also looking for them to hold me accountable for what I put in my mouth... I am looking to loose about 50 pounds and for women who will support me in my efforts. I hope that you will be one of them. Thank you for considering, Elizebeth

Replies

• ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Elizebeth,

I am trying to lose weight in a steady healthy way - hopefully we can support each other, I have sent you a friend request.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey Elizebeth,

I will help you. I have more than 50 to lose, but I will take the help and support ne way that I can get it.

I will send you a friend request.
  • Slobaducci
    Options
    I just started this! My goal is to get rid of 30 lbs by October. 3lbs down so far. UGH! Feels like this is going to take a while. I'd love to have another accountability friend!
  • Amymandr
    Options
    I have 80 to lose so I will friend request you and we can support each other!:tongue:
  • angelmuss
    Options
    Request sent :) 50 pounds to lose here too! We can do this :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    friend request on the way. we will all keep ourselves accountable with some help from our friends.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm lookin' to lose 32 pounds. I have about 21 pounds to go ;) Started Dec 6, 2010. You can do it :)
  • WannaBeSlimJim2
    WannaBeSlimJim2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Elizabeth and I will do what I can to get you through. New to the site, so how do we keep in touch and everyone who is all on the same team? Let's go Ladies! I hear my fat cells shaking with fear already!!
  • luvslife2
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,
    I'd be happy to help you out and I'd love to get feedback from you too! I sent you a friend request. I have 100 to lose but 50 is my first goal!
    Marina:bigsmile:
  • Jameade
    Jameade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've always loved to motivate others but I'm pretty new at actually being committed to this for myself. My first goal is also 50lbs.
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has been great for and my accountability. I am 3 pounds away from 35 and then I will make a new goal, another 10 (for a total of 45). I have found that making little goals is easier than looking at the huge number. Although I eat and try to eat well, I do slip up sometimes and forgive myself and move on. I've been needing a little extra help lately. It helps to have good friends here. I there!!! :happy:

Good Luck!!!!!!!!
  • jsuzanne
    Options
    I'm new and really haven't started my diet until RIGHT NOW! I would love to lose about 38 lbs. Let's help each other.
  • amyj78
    amyj78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I signed up months ago, but haven't been good about tracking. I'm also looking for friends to keep me accountable. I have plenty to lose, but right now am focusing on the first 25 lbs. Feel free to request me as a friend.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I, too, am looking for accountability, both in nutrition and fitness. It helps me be accountable when I help others be accountable. Feel free to add me!

I lost 50 lbs 3 years ago, gained back 20 a year ago last October-ish. I've been working steady since about last July and have lost all but about 5-10 lbs (5 lb yo-yo) of what I had gained back. It has been a struggle to say the least. I love to eat & I'm lazy! Nevertheless, I hated having to buy bigger clothes on the rare occasion I bought clothes for myself. I avoided mirrors at all costs, except when I had to get ready for work in the mornings. I decided I had to make the time and effort when I found myself crying in the dressing room of a department store because I needed a bigger size (size 16 was too tight).

I am now a size 6, smaller than I have ever been (even as a teenager), and feel better than I ever have.

Keep your sights focused on your goal. Success is a process. Part of the process is failures along the way. Don't beat yourself up because you ate poorly one day. You know what you did that you shouldn't have, so don't repeat it the next day and move on. You can't change the past, but you can determine your future. Remember, also, it took time to gain the weight. It will, and must, take time to lose it and keep it off. Hold your heads high. You will succeed!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Let's help each other. I'm trying to get to 180. I'm 227 now. I am truly in this to win it. I am really strict with my new healthy lifestyle because I wasn't before and failed too many times. I look forward to seeing & helping you achieve your goal!!
  • Ctiffeny
    Options
    Yeah Im assuming thats why we are all on here, You guys are great motivation! I too am gonna need someone to talk me off the ledge, or should I say talk the cake out my mouth!!! Im requesting you ALL!!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i also have 50 lbs to lose. let`s motivate each other.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I used my rest day yesterday. I have nasty habit of not jumping right back in the next day. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hold me accountable to my workouts today and check up on me this evening. Feel free to add me as a friend and blow up my wall!!
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    hey!
    I am looking to lose 50 pounds by august... unsure If I can acuallty do it or not, but heres to hoping!

I always get upset when I dont see loss on my scales.. like tommorow is my weigh in day, and I already know I wont lose weight (as its days before my period.. and Im always heavier)
    but Ill get very discouraged