Some nice snacks I like to eat and low calories :D

Options
Lettuce or Cucumber or mango with salt and lemon ................:D
Gelatine with flavour but with yogurt or fruit ...............:D:D

Do you have another one? very typical of your home or city?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Typical for my city: fresh lemonade from freshly-picked lemons. :)

Jello is yummy.

Berries, grapes, fruit in general.

Lettuce & salsa

Hard-boiled egg.

Toast, once in a while.

Special K popcorn chips are a really nice treat.

Eager to read replies!!!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking chocolate cake here.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Jolly time popcorn
    Cheese strings
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
    fruit
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welllll I'm a southerner and Irish, so a meat and potatoes type gal.

1. Homemade beef jerky- pick a low cal cut if beef, season it, dehydrate it, weigh it out in a snag Baggie and throw it in your bag. Cheap protein, chewy (or even kindof crunchy), and fairly indestructible in a hot car. Packaged beef jerky is fatty, high-cal, and full of...? With this, u know what u get.

2. 100-cal popcorn for movies at home.

3. Flavored water in a thermos. All day. I'm NEVER as hungry if I have "fun water" around. I like the Dasani drops.

4. Turkey Rollups- basically a turkey sandwich without the bread and no condiment so it's not messy. Take a piece of turkey (good deli turkey) and some cheese, roll the cheese up in the turkey. I never liked bread on sandwiches anyway.

5. " Quartering or halfing"- u know how u want some chips, say, but u think "I can't afford that calorie-wise?" Just half or quarter it. It gives I the fix u wanted but it doesn't cost you 200 cals. I had skittles the other day- hadn't had those in a looong time. I couldn't "afford" the serving size, but for 80 cals, I could split it up, weigh it, and enjoy.

6. I'm not opposed to sugar, but I've found the semi-sweet, sugar free dark chocolates to be AMAZING and I can make it last a long time too. For 33 cals, yeah, I enjoy my "cheap" chocolate.

7. Dry roasted edamame. I discovered these a while back in the grocery- 130 cals and it takes u a while to get thru a serving if u enjoy each little crunch. It's like coffee beans or peanuts, but better for you. More protein.

I bet I've grossed some of the more health-conscious folks out, but hey, it's all relative. I was raised on muuuuuch worse food so this is "clean" eating for me. :)
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free chocolate pudding with a dab of low fat whipped cream
    Jello sugar free vanilla pudding mixed with half of a sliced banana and crumbled graham cracker square
    Whole wheat toast and peanut butter toasted under broiler for a few minutes
    Chocolate Rice Krispies and low fat milk - 1 cup
    Protein powder ( or carnation instant breakfast ) blended with almond milk (or sugar free ice cream ) and strawberries / blueberries
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Starlight Chocolate-Mint flavored mints (they curb my desire for chocolate on most days). 20 calories apiece

Nuts

Baked apple -n- cinnamon (haven't had this one in a long time...gotta buy apples)

Regular tortilla chips with salsa (10 chips for 140 calories is nice; they're large chips)

Dill pickles (high sodium though)

Rhubarb Rendezvous (baked rhubarb with hot vanilla yogurt) ...haven't had this in a while. hmm.

Ants on a Log (celery, peanut butter, raisins)