Two NSVs - what are yours from today?

Options

Replies

• Singularity84
    Singularity84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk even though I had left my iPod at work and didn't have music to listen to.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's especially good feeling when you realize you can fit into much smaller clothes than you used to. I had a similar level of shrinkage. :)

Mine from today were: I had a good bike ride before 8 am (highly unusual for me) and I stayed under my calories goal 2 days running! I was maintaining for a while, but I decided I want to lose a little more weight (tummy pudge removal) and it's been hard getting back into the weight loss habits.
  • rachelesmfp
    Options
    Walked away from KFC and the Indian joint to get sushi..
    I could of murdered a plate of curry, rice and naan but the calories are not there today.
    I know its not a huge thing, but its really big for me.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My first NSV is self esteem related:

I've been a huge dragonball z fan since the early 90's. A couple years ago when I noticed the "train insaiyan" and other dbz workout shirts I was probably more excited than I shoulda been LOL. I bought one, and the first day I wore it two things happened. A friend laughed and said I looked less like a saiyan more like Buu.. (fat character in dbz), and secondly when I went to the gym wearing it in the parking lot a group of younger guys drove by , one leaned out the car and yelled "GOOD LUCK FATTY" >_< I was pretty upset and just threw the shirt away. Anyway today, 80 lbs down but still far from my goal, I've ordered another shirt exactly the same but two sizes smaller. I finally have gotten to that point where I feel like if I like it, if I want it, I can have it. And I shouldn't give a d*mn what anyone else thinks or says.

Second NSV is shoe size! I went shoe shopping and found I can fit into shoes one size smaller than last time I went shoe shopping (almost a year ago). They're still wide width but, down one shoe size...I'll take it. Woot!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I wore a shirt that used to be very tight on the bottom button, and it didn't pucker at all. Yey! Today, I tucked in my shirt and wore a belt instead of hiding my waist. :blushing: I'm on the right track, if I can just keep from derailing. :drinker:
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I left the house at 5 am to run at the Gym... Me, I am not a morning person. Who is this person???
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was able to climb between 2 rails on the pasture fence instead of having to climb over the fence or open the gate. I've never been able to do that since we built this fence!
  • StevenH74
    Options
    What is a NSV? I see it is something good but what does it stand for?
    1 - walked up the the roof of my apartment block this morning - 18 flights of stairs.
    2 - good result on the scales this morning.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What is a NSV? I see it is something good but what does it stand for?
    1 - walked up the the roof of my apartment block this morning - 18 flights of stairs.
    2 - good result on the scales this morning.
    Non Scale Victory :)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    10672183_883478971662501_8121513722475788300_n.jpg?oh=7eca60c913c4766ebedb913fdd038c11&oe=54909DB5&__gda__=1419955260_91ffd79f15946ec7525de86e400267c3

I spent the afternoon with my husband at the American WWII cemetery of North Africa. We walked for 5 hours around the cemetery and also around Carthage and down to the sea. When we were down by the sea, we couldn't find a Taxi to bring us home so we had to walk uphill to a main street to flag a cab. WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING to not be filled with dread over having to walk to catch the cab. When we were close to home, the cab was stuck in traffic so I suggested we just get out and walk the last mile to get home. It's not great athletic feat but being free to enjoy a normal day out with my husband without feeling burdened by my weight was a VICTORY!
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I ran a mile in less than 10 mimutes. I'm pretty excited about this nvs.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Today I noticed I have tan lines from running outdoors, I thought I was naturally pale but it turns out I just don't spend enough time out in the fresh air :laugh:

And yesterday's I just have to say; I ran a whole mile! 2 months ago I couldn't run at all, now a whole mile without stopping! When I realised what I was doing I burst into tears because it was such a good feeling. I must have looked hilarious.
  • spinneyhex
    spinneyhex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I look thinner today :) and I did 60 good squats , 20 whilst pressing 11lb hand weights :D
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I swam 300 yards total without stopping. For real swimmers out there, this doesn't seem like much, but I started out struggling with even 25 yards. I did it with breaststroke and I still struggle with front crawl, but I put lots of front crawl into my workout for a total of 700 yards. I'm hoping to get up to workouts of 1700 yards (a swimmers mile), but I'm just happy right now to be getting to the pool and making progress.
  • pianoteacher30
    pianoteacher30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just did three circuits of beginner bodyweight exercises. Started 2 weeks ago and could barely manage two - three has just about killed me! I'm still doing pushups on my knees but I'm pretty pleased with myself :smile:
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have to go out and buy new shirts this weekend, my XL's are too big.

Also, I walked by every treat ( cookie, donut) left in the lunch room at work and didn't even care.

:happy:
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I got a "You've lost some weight..." from someone I haven't seen in a couple of months. Always feels good when someone notices the effort.
  • Hopefullysane
    Hopefullysane Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did 2 and 3/4 chin ups today (sooooo close to 3). My goal is 5. Been working on it for 6 months.
  • wagglesworth
    wagglesworth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well, mine aren't from today but, I'm going to share anyway. Last week when I arrived at work there were balloons and flowers at my desk from my co-workers. They were congratulating me on my weight loss. This week I found out the sneeky boogers have a pool going on my weight loss. My next weigh in is this next Thursday at the Dr's. I also walked into a meeting in our conference room where in the middle of the discussion one of the gentlemen turns around says, "Take a look at Estee, isn't she looking amazing? She's lost so much weight". It's grand and so heartfelt to have all this support at work. I'm a happy camper. Cheers!
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Noticed when I put on my jacket this morning that it's definitely roomy, after being barely able to button it up when I bought it a year ago. And have had several people this week say I'm looking good :) And I'm only 1lb and 3 lbs to two major milestones for me
    *happy dance*
    Oh and I ordered some new clothes yesterday in a UK size 20, and I'll bet that at least some of them might be too big!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!