Treating yourself - Weight loss goals

Options
do you treat yourself when reaching a goal? how often (every 10lbs, stone, 5lbs etc)

how? manicure, haircut, what?

Replies

• slynn1023
    Options
    I started at 372lbs. I told myself every 25lbs i would do something nice for myself. My first 25 I got my hair done. My next 25 i'm thinking a pedicure. But the hard part is not giving in and doing your reward before you've lost the weight. lol.

Some suggestions:
    After I lose X amount of weight i will...
    -give myself a free day, where I can eat what I want without worry
    -go on a date night with my significant other/friends
    -buy myself that thing I've been wanting
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    new water bottle, new swim suit, new purse, jewelry, profressional head shots,
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Great ideas so far!

Goal 1, 10% lost: probably new running shoes, since I need them anyway and it'll feel like a reward.
    Goal 2, Normal BMI: Oh I'll probably host a party with some silly theme for friends.
    Big goal: new tattoo.
    A few months into maintenance - a shopping trip weekend away.

I'm excited, and halfway to goal #1.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I very rarely buy new clothes for myself. I guess it's part of the mom in me that puts everyone else first, and I work from home so don't really go "out" much. I set my goals at 5 pounds per 5 weeks with a total of a little over 20 pounds. Each 5 lbs lost & maintained for a week will equal a new clothing item...shoes, pants, shirt, purse, etc. My ultimate goal is close to my 10th anniversary so I will probably treat myself to an entire new outfit, mani & pedi to go out in!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Every 20 lbs I do somethin for myself. So far its been a hair cut/color, eyebrow waxing, new running shoes, and cute jewelry :]

Once I hit 200 lbs I will be going skydiving! Can't wait!

Once I hit my UGW (which I have a general idea of but will truly know once I get there) I'm buying a new wardrobe.

Three years into maintenance I will be getting skin removal surgery done. I'd like to hope I won't have a lot of loose skin but I've been morbidly obese for 20 years and the skin can only snap back so much :]
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't like clothes or jewellery, and im not fussed about hair or nails. im not sure. maybe a spa visit?
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 10kg, I bought myself a set of super duper scales - I'd been using the wii fit up till then to weigh in, love my new scales (not something I thought I'd ever say lol).

Next 10kg, I'm buying myself a TV (currently have a tiny tiny one, finally time to get a decent one).

After that, I'm not sure, although once I reach my goal, and maintain for a while, a massive clothing shopping trip is in order!
  • marimeg
    marimeg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Shinies! I love love love jewelry and tech so my first goal (30lb by the new year) is a new Razr Blackwidow Chroma keyboard. My little rewards for pounds off (5lbs off) are cheap things like a new costume jewelry ring or necklace or what not. My Big BIG goal, is a new all-in-one desktop (This will be at 50-75lb off). Nothing is particularly wrong with mine, except it's starting to show its age a little.

If I hit 100 lbs down? New hip tattoo!
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    I used to be able to do that, but I get to comfy very fast. I just sorta pat myself on the back and keep it moving. I have set backs too easily to treat myself (much).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds cheesy but I feel like just being smaller and healthier is its own reward.

However, that said...in the beginning I would treat myself to fitness related stuff (workout clothes/shoes, jump rope, basketball, bike helmet...) whatever I thought would encourage me further. Once I started changing clothing sizes, new clothes (whether from thrift stores or actual 'new' clothes) became my main reward...and to a lesser extent, that continues now.

After being over 200 lb for ~20 years, hitting onederland was a huge victory for me. I planned ahead to reward myself with a counter top organizer filled with new makeup including a few "splurge" items/brands that I hadn't tried before. It was a bit of a bust when I realized some of my cheaper go-to brands were better, but I enjoy using that organizer so much and every morning it reminds me of reaching that goal!!

I planned to treat my husband and I to an amusement park trip to ride all of the roller coasters (another NSV for me) but we wound up getting free tickets. I still think that would have been a great rewarding thing to do, though, even if I'd had to shell out the cash!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A spa visit is good.
    Or how about concert tickets or a trip?
  • literaturelover25
    Options
    I attempted setting rewards every 10lbs but i buy what i want for myself. Instead i find myself trying on brand name workout gear from time to time and this weekend when i fit into an under armour hoodie for the first time there was no way i wasn't treating myself to it and a couple Adidas tops i couldn't believe fit.

I do have a couple big rewards planned. when i hit 100lbs down i'm going to buy myself a paw print necklace (i never buy jewelry) and when i hit goal my hubby wants to take me to California to see all the sites.