Anyone with not much to lose?

Options
I started MFP last year when I was around 140 (freshman 15...) and I got down to 126 (my goal) within a few months. After I lost the weight I was happy with my body and I decided to stop logging food/etc and eat whatever I want again. Obviously that wasn't the right choice because now I'm back up at 140! I'd like to get back to where I was and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Also I'm 5'3!

I was just wondering if there are people in a similar situation who would like to connect here! I've seen some earlier posts that are similar to mine, but a lot of the people on those posts are inactive. Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went from 179 to 129,i'm 5'4.
    now i am 131 and my goal is 121 so what's in common for us? probably height and similar amount of weight to lose
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm still majorly fat, but wish you luck...which you probably don't need, as I'm sure you'll lose it successfully. :)
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I've got about 3kg (6.6lb) until my goal. Finding it really hard to shift the last few kg but I'm determined to do it this time! :)
  • mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, 25, Female. Currently at 57.9kg (128lbs). Goal weight around 51kg which I was about 18months ago. I am not too worried about the weight just trying to tone up a bit more. Feel free to add me...all the best. I know how hard it is to keep the weight off and lose the last few kgs. It is a constant battle! We can do this though!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I went from 202 lbs to 155 lbs right now (I'm 5'8"). My goal weight is 140 for now depending on what I look like at that size, but that's just 15 lbs. I expect to be there by Christmas.
  • littlejane91
    Options
    I only have about 4kg to lose and it's vanity weight, so its going to be slow and steady for me! Feel free to add :)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have lost 18 pounds so far and have about 10 more pounds to lose. I log everything I eat everyday (250+ day streak!) and I have an open diary. I am 5'10' and trying to get to 150 lbs. Right now I aim to lose half a pound a week, so I hope to be at goal weight around January.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 135lbs trying to lose 15lbs or so. I'm doing it very slowly but getting there.
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 154lb, was 165 when I started out a few weeks ago.

I've always been considered slim (wear UK size 10-12, carry my fat fairly evenly over my body with quite muscular arms and legs) but had put on a bit in the past six months or so, and was horrified when I weighed myself and found that my BMI put me in the overweight category (at 11 stone 11).

I'm now just under 11 stone which is back in the "normal/healthy" bracket and am going to continue until I'm somewhere between 10 stone and 10 stone 5, then see how I feel.

At the start I felt like this was a major effort (I'd gained my weight by eating probably about 2,500 calories per day, large meals, cakes and other treats) and I was going to be miserable and hungry all the time. But I've got used to the way I'm eating (around 1,500 calories per day) - I go over fairly frequently because I love food, but balance it out with exercise so I still meet my calorie goal for the week and can eat "normally" rather than feeling like I'm dieting.
  • ashleyboyes
    ashleyboyes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, currently 139lb and 34yrs old. I started on MFP again 2 weeks ago as I have put on 10lbs in the last year or so, 5lbs being the last 2/3 months.

I'm not acutally over weight as I am still within my healthy BMI bracket however I would like to lose the 10lbst. I wear UK size 10-12, and like the lady above I carry my fat evenly over my body

I exercise 3-5 days a week (including running / HIIT/ Metafit and Boxercise) and I eat reletively healthy during the week but tend to be more relaxed at the weekend.

Feel free to add me, maybe we can encourage each other!

Good luck
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    I have/had a total of 30 lbs to lose and so far lost nearly 20.

However, that's a lot to me. That's actually a hell of a lot and my body has already drastically changed.

But then I also wasn't really fat to begin with at 145 lbs and 5'3. Now 126 lbs. Goal is 115 lbs.

To other people it might not sound like much, but other people are battling serious fatness or obesity and so 30 lbs seems little against their 70-100 lb weight loss aim.

I have 10 lbs to go - potentially 14 if I extend - and it seems like so so much. The lighter you get, the more it takes to shift the weight :(

When my body started to noticeably change from chubby to normal to almost slim, my confidence levels went sky high compared to before. I never realised how unconfident I really was with my body until then. I loved it. I've never thought I was facially ugly (sorry still haven't mustered up courage to put photos of myself on yet due to fear of people I know finding my profile and posts etc) but now when I'm out clubbing and talking to guys (I'm 19) I feel physically attractive in my body too.

That's how I am now aware of my self-happiness and confidence with my body, and know I will feel most happy somewhere around 110-116 ish lbs.