Protein Drinks Recommendations?

Options
Hi,

I'm currently using Nature's Best Isotope premade protein drinks for my after-workout protein dose. It tastes fine but is costly -- $46/12 bottles.

I was told that you can get up to 30-40 drinks using the protein powder, so I want to switch to that instead of the premade drinks.

Any recommendations on the best protein shake powder to buy? I'm don't like chocolate. I tend to like fruity or vanilla flavors.

Any help/recommendations will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    "Best" is really subjective.

I use "Body Fortress" from Walmart. It's pretty cheap, tastes ok, has protein. :)

I usually mix the vanilla with orange fiber for an orange cream sort of taste and increase my fiber a bit too.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Probably NOT what you're looking for, but I love the fruity drinks (like crystal light) HATE the thick shakes. I get ProtiDiet fruit concentrates from Diet Direct. 15g Protein, 70 calories (average) and 2 g or less carbs(if you track carbs) per drink packet. I mix mine with 24-30 ounces of water because I don't like them so strong...bonus is I get extra water in during the day. They have great flavors: Kiwi-melon, grape, orange, peach-mango, blue raspberry, lemon, green tea-cranberry, wildberry...LOVE them all.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I use CytoSport Whey powder. Mixed with water. Post workout and breakfast shake :)
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I use ON Gold standard Mocha cappuccino powder. Best thing I have ever found.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Chicken and fish.

If you prefer liquids, put them in a blender?
  • JenzL13
    Options
    Maxines Burn Vanilla... I drink it with water and its nice, but a wee bit thin. If I mix it with other stuff its even nicer and doesnt have that protein after taste.
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If you get plain protein powder, you can do all sorts of things with it. Blended with a banana and water it's very nice. I buy tins of fruit and blend about 100g with 30g-ish protein powder, and either water or milk. You'd probably be fine with fresh fruit if you have a blender that can handle that.
    I'd also recommend pear, cocoa and water. (I use 25 grams protein powder, 10 grams cocoa, 100g pear, 200ml water. Admittedly I've never measured the water properly, so you might want to play around with that)
  • bayarearooki
    Options
    Thanks, folks, for your recommendations. Well, except for the one to put fish and chicken in a blender. :)
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use ProFit - mix it with banana and unsweetened almond milk.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Core Power are pretty good

29509743.png
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is pretty good and is always easy to purchase at GNC. No waiting for UPS.

That said I prefer Body Nutrition Trutein. More expensive but great protein blend and my favorite tasting. Think milkshake. They have some neat flavors like Orange Creamsicle or lemon meringue pie.
  • kawasakininja13
    kawasakininja13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This.
  • soxphan1
    soxphan1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Kefir as an option?

It's high in protein (~11-16g per cup, depending on brand), and has fast acting carbs, calcium, potassium, B vitamins and probiotics. It's easy to drink, and there are several fruity or coconut flavors to choose from.

Should be available in the dairy section of your grocery store.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Started using Six Star Whey protein and it's okay so far. I didn't like the taste of it in just water but I started mixing it with my morning coffee which is much better.

Ideally I want to get my protein from my regular meals but it helps when I'm running short or if I know i'll be short on protein on a particular day.

I also like ON Performance Whey pre-made shakes and Muscle Milk because they're quick and taste better, but they're more calories and less protein than the powdered stuff.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently using Nature's Best Isotope premade protein drinks for my after-workout protein dose. It tastes fine but is costly -- $46/12 bottles.

I was told that you can get up to 30-40 drinks using the protein powder, so I want to switch to that instead of the premade drinks.

Any recommendations on the best protein shake powder to buy? I'm don't like chocolate. I tend to like fruity or vanilla flavors.

Any help/recommendations will be much appreciated!

Thanks

for me.. I take a can of tuna or chicken stick it in the food processor. and fill it water and turn it on..

Can't go wrong with it.