The Scale: A Tool, Not a Sharp-toothed Torture Device

Options
The scale, most of us have one, is just a tool. An imperfect tool for measuring our health.

I'm noticing a lot of people are giving it power it doesn't need, turning it into teethy instruments of torture ready to snap at your feet with a snarl if you've gained 1/16th of a pound in water weight, or purring like a regal little cat if you've lost weight.

Just a tool. Metal and plastic. Honestly. You can contact the manufacturers, and they will tell you that no magic spells are performed during their creation, filling them with consciousness.

There's no point in torturing ourselves.

I get on the scale about once a week and keep in mind that it only gives me a small picture of my overall progress with health, and an unclear one at that.

Let's think positive.

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    The scale, most of us have one, is just a tool. An imperfect tool for measuring our health.

I'm noticing a lot of people are giving it power it doesn't need, turning it into teethy instruments of torture ready to snap at your feet with a snarl if you've gained 1/16th of a pound in water weight, or purring like a regal little cat if you've lost weight.

Just a tool. Metal and plastic. Honestly. You can contact the manufacturers, and they will tell you that no magic spells are performed during their creation, filling them with consciousness.

There's no point in torturing ourselves.

I get on the scale about once a week and keep in mind that it only gives me a small picture of my overall progress with health, and an unclear one at that.

Let's think positive.