basketball - new insoles or new shoes

Anyone here have any suggestions on insoles or shoes? It seems like I'm getting too much shock in my feet while I'm playing, need something to cushion and hopefully prevent shin splints too.

I have two pairs of Jordans but the factory insoles kinda suck. I know Dr. Scholls makes a sports insert. Considering how much I hear about the gel ones breaking down I would rather not ruin a good pair of Jordans with a $20 gel insole breaking down inside my shoe.

Replies

• acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    I don't play basketball, but I'm married to a former college player who still plays actively at our club and in various leagues. That said, I bought his last inserts at REI. I can't remember the exact name, but they were the type that he had to bring back in and they cut them to his feet and he loved them in his shoes. He also typically wears Jordan high tops for bball shoes.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I love Jordans for just everyday shoes, but I have the Dwayne Wade Converse shoe, which are fairly old but so good to play ball in. I play pick up during summer a lot on ashphalt...and i never have any problems.

where do you play?

Also, When I played high school ball they gave us the Nike hyperdunks which were really good but some people have trouble with Nikes
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Thanks I'll look into some place like REI.

I have heard a ton of positive things about hyperdunks. We play in our old grade school's gym at night so it's indoor, the floor is a hard rubber surface.
  • Guys, has anyone heard of this Artificial Cartilage Foam? I have just watched a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06rjQb3-xw that compares it with some of the other leading insoles, and this one clearly wins the race there. I read about it online, and it seems like a new foam based on Nano technology that can absorb impact energy like charm and protect body from any shocks. I have ordered these from their online web store at www.artilage.com, and hopefully they turn out to be as they promised.