MFP Cycle Gang--8/25/08

Options
new week! How's everyone doing? Any new goals?

I'm taking a couple days off from riding--probably get back on the bike on Wednesday or Thursday.

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

I'm taking a couple days off from riding--probably get back on the bike on Wednesday or Thursday.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just got back from vacation and need to get back on track. I'm committing to 40 miles this week.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 90 this week.
  • shorerider
    Options
    woohoonaner2gy.gif

That's the way to go for it, y'all!

Keep up the good work!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    I can not commit anymore to any specific goals. School started:grumble: Old Steff has to study. :frown:

I did ride 25 miles today, fast. Increased my average to 14.2. I'll still do some long rides to maintain that fitness, but will now focus more on shorter and faster rides. During that last century so many people kept passing me after each rest stop, that's just so not going to happen again. No more turtle speed!

I plan to get another ride in Friday after work if I am not too tired.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Tropical storm Faye has been here for FOUR days. I am sick of the rain. I rode 15 miles on the bike at the gym tonight. I am hoping to get in about 20 miles in the morning if I can find a window of no rain. This whole work thing is also throwing a big kink into my exercise time. WORK is a dirty dirty dirty little word!!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hokay, don't tell you...LOL But I biked for over 11 miles yesterday...Today I rested on ice. YEY! Oh wait...I did cheering for another 1 1/2 hours. UGGGG! Darn it! I thought I rested! Man!

Anyway...I rode in the wind with and against Fay. OUCH! My legs were working! But it was great to be out and about. YEY!

Ya'll are so great about riding!!! HOORAY!!! :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

Why are you taking a few days off girlie? You okay?
  • shorerider
    Options
    I can not commit anymore to any specific goals. School started:grumble: Old Steff has to study. :frown:
    I did ride 25 miles today, fast. Increased my average to 14.2. I'll still do some long rides to maintain that fitness, but will now focus more on shorter and faster rides. During that last century so many people kept passing me after each rest stop, that's just so not going to happen again. No more turtle speed!

I plan to get another ride in Friday after work if I am not too tired.

Steff--LOL, you're just speeding up so I can't catch you, right? Sorry school is interfering with your riding but you'll be able to fit in a ride every now and then.
    Tropical storm Faye has been here for FOUR days. I am sick of the rain. I rode 15 miles on the bike at the gym tonight. I am hoping to get in about 20 miles in the morning if I can find a window of no rain. This whole work thing is also throwing a big kink into my exercise time. WORK is a dirty dirty dirty little word!!!!

Bamboo--Faye is coming up here! :angry: And just when I was ready to jump back on the bike, too. :grumble: It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow, and Friday with winds and rain, rain, rain. :noway: It might drive me indoors to the gym's bikes if that's the case.
    Hokay, don't tell you...LOL But I biked for over 11 miles yesterday...Today I rested on ice. YEY! Oh wait...I did cheering for another 1 1/2 hours. UGGGG! Darn it! I thought I rested! Man!

Anyway...I rode in the wind with and against Fay. OUCH! My legs were working! But it was great to be out and about. YEY!
    Ya'll are so great about riding!!! HOORAY!!!

Princess--way to go on the 11 miles! But you're pushing that owie! Be careful!

I just took a few days off to rest up my legs and swap up the exercise. I have learned to take a break every several weeks to let the legs rebuild themselves and recover. It had been since early July since I took more than a day's break from riding, so it was time. This way, too, I won't be all wore out come my team's effort in the Triathlon on Sept. 27th!!!!!!!

So, this morning I'm hoping to get out and beat the rain to get in at least 21 or so miles if not a little more.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    11.3 miles this morning.
  • shorerider
    Options
    I beat the outer reaches of Fay this morning and got in 21.5. Winds steady at 10. I'm sick of the wind!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am off work today so I got in a 15.5 mile ride this morning. It felt great after all that rain and no saddle time for 4 days. I may even go back out this evening if my hubby is up for an evening ride!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I beat the outer reaches of Fay this morning and got in 21.5. Winds steady at 10. I'm sick of the wind!

YEY GIRLIE!!! Way to get out and about! I can't wait to hear how your triathlon goes! How fun! Do they make count down tickers for the big day?

YEY everyone for getting out on the roads! HOORAY!!!:drinker:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Steff--LOL, you're just speeding up so I can't catch you, right? .

I wish:tongue:

as to riding against the wind I stay quiet. No issue with an recumbent.

Did I mention you guys should think about riding a recumbent?
  • shorerider
    Options
    Steff--LOL, you're just speeding up so I can't catch you, right? .

I wish:tongue:

as to riding against the wind I stay quiet. No issue with an recumbent.

Did I mention you guys should think about riding a recumbent?

Yea, I think you mentioned it once...or twice.. LOL. radler.gif
  • shorerider
    Options
    Ok--how's everyone? Y guys own south doing ok with all these storms? I got in 32.8 miles this morning in some strong winds but I got through it!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    riding... just not sure how many miles. Speedometer magnet is broke. :grumble:

Can anyone say.... HOT and HUMID!!! ready for summer to be over!

were going up north to ride again this weekend.... our century ride is a week from this Saturday!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    riding... just not sure how many miles. Speedometer magnet is broke. :grumble:

Can anyone say.... HOT and HUMID!!! ready for summer to be over!

were going up north to ride again this weekend.... our century ride is a week from this Saturday!!!

YEA! Make sure to give us a Century report when you get back!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've committed to 40 miles and I'm on track.

I did ten mile mountain bike rides on Wednesday and Thursday plus I have rides scheduled for Sat and Sun. So I'm comfortable with the goal.

Today I did a 1 hour spin class. Would you count that? If so how?
  • shorerider
    Options
    Spin counts, sure! Not sure how many miles though--just saying you did it is fine though!

I didn't ride today. I was going to but I just feel exhausted and worn out. I think the ride yesterday took a lot out of me or something. But I'm wiped! Took the day off and will try tomorrow.