WHO MOTIVATES YOU?

Options
Ava Cowan motivates me..... post a picture of who motivates you ;-)

4c8d0a45aed18.jpg

Replies

• Gizmo52
    Gizmo52 Posts: 43
    Options
    Ok, maybe this isn't the type of comment you want. I don't have a picture right with me - but my Mother motivates me. She lived with cancer for 7.5 years of her life, with minimal complaining even though the pain was evident in her eyes, you could hear it in her voice and see it with how she held herself. She lived with dignity and grace and only after she was told on a Saturday afternoon that the cancer was in her bones and brain, did she say - it's time to stop fighting. There is no more I can do - and she passed quietly on Monday morning.

I learned so much being there with her the last 7.5 years of her life. I saw a great lady rely heavily on her faith, love of family and life. I saw her beat all odds time and time again.

I sit back and wonder why I can't get the energy and love of life that she has to lose the add'l weigh. I know it can be done, others my size have accomplished it - I just have to tell myself that I will not die without my PB cups, my fritos, the fast food sandwich. I must put my health up front and show my Mother that I can do what she did. Fight to live. It's worth it!
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    who says thats not the answer that im looking for? there is no "wrong" answer... its whoever motivates YOU!!!! this post is kinda just like a reminder of why you are here
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I don't have an image of who motivates me either. As far as photos, I motivate myself on how I look every AM when I step out of the shower to see myself in the full length mirrored closet door. My kids motivate me to eat well, they learn by example - and to have my 9 yo tell me every day that I'm the most beautiful mom in the world is all the motivation I need. I met a woman on MFP that has ran over 50 marathons and is super successful, she is my motivation to stay fit. And I love reading one of the MFP woman's statements, she is also 40, full time job, and two kids - I see how successful she has been and tell myself if she can do it - I can too.
  • SewJoe
    SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For over 15 years, I have had many opportunities to get motivated. My husband, my career, my friends (even a class reunion) but nothing did it for me. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes two years ago, and that has not motivated me either. Finally, after visiting my doctor every three months for these past two years, I have to say my doctor has motivated me. She has told me a few times in the past, but this time--well I guess it's just the way she said it. I finally feel committed to myself. Having MFP is a great tool, and having so many others to share with is so very important to me. Thanks to my doctor, and thanks to all of you who support us!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old son is my motivation! He loves doing workout tapes because he says he wants to be 'strong.' haha. He will bug me all day on the weekends, and every weeknight until I give in. He keeps up pretty well and then stops before it ends, but I always keep going and then find myself thankful for his motivating me.

As for pictures, I'd say looking through any victoria secrets magazine's/websites for clothes/swimsuits, and by the end I feel pretty stinking motivated. :-)
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    My six year old daughter motivates me she's my trainer. She always says "mom keep movin so you can be skinny like me". She eats lots of veggies and fruits.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I have a couple things that motivate me.
    1. Everyone that I care aout - my mom, my boyfriend, my family, my dog - motivates me. I know that if I let myself go much further into obesity then it will be affecting my life. It could affect how I live and how LONG I live. I want to be around for a long time. I want to grow old and have grey hair and still be running and dancing around. I don't want to die because of a health, weight, related problem. I want to die simply because I have grown old.
    2. Seeing myself in the mirror everyday. It's not who I want to be. I know inside me there is this skinny/healthier person that is just begging to come out. Someone that can wear cute clothes, eat the right foods, and go out and do fun things! I want to be healthier for myself!
    3. I am the only one who can do this! No one else can lose this weight for me. It's only me! Just knowing this alone makes me want to do it. Knowing that when I reach my goal and can proudly stand there and say " I did this all by myself!" will be the greatest thing!
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    im glad that everyone has people close to you that help motivate you and keep you on track my family on the other hand goes "cmon, why dont you eat this with us.... it wont kill you"

I sometimes just really wish I had someone close to me say "you know what, i respect what you're doing and I support you"
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My husband motivates me and makes me feel good about myself no matter what and he is proud that I want to be a healthy future mommy.

My parents just moved near us so now that are seeing what I'm doing and they are really supportive too, which helps. I kinda feel bad because my mom is disabled now and not an overall healthy person. But I know she is proud that I'm taking my health in control and doing preventive care for myself and my family.

And my new friends on MFP are wonderful! What great daily support! Need that the most because we are all in the same boat!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My Husband! I love him soooo much and what matters to me matters to him and he's just the best! He never insults me or eats bad things in front of me and ALWAYS tells me I'm pretty no matter how I feel.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I am my own motivation. I use to be slimmer before all of my pregnancies. I have pictures to reflect on.

My 2nd motivation is my children. Before I was exercising everyday my 10 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter were using my weights and my mat getting their burn on while watching TV. *light bulb flicks on* If they got the concept down at that young of an age why haven't I?
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In terms of where I would like to be and who has an inspiring story is Jennifer Nicole Lee! She has an amazing figure and an amazing and inspiring story to go with her journey in her fitness lifestyle. I personally would love to one day compete in a show for bikini or figure.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I motivate myself. I've learned over the years that if I don't want it then what anyone else says or thinks really matters very little to me as far as weight and health go. I am losing weight for myself. I am becoming a fit person for myself. Everyone else in my life, my husband, my kids, my friends get a new and improved me. One who can and wants to participate in hiking and camping trips, bike rides, game playing etc. I guess I can say my kids do somewhat but its more of a "if they can do it so can I" thing so maybe its not so much as motivation but more a bit competitiveness on my side. Both my kids trained and participated in a kids triathlon last summer and I thought heck why can't I do that. I'm already biking and running so now I've added swimming to my workouts and I plan on doing my first one this summer. I thank my kids for showing me the way and I in turn show them that mom still has it!
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    im glad that everyone has people close to you that help motivate you and keep you on track my family on the other hand goes "cmon, why dont you eat this with us.... it wont kill you"

I sometimes just really wish I had someone close to me say "you know what, i respect what you're doing and I support you"
    SO TRUE it happens every family gathering kinda makes me feel like im a party pooper lol
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    @ Samantha- I think thats an AMAZING goal to set for youself.... and I would really like to see you sign up for one.... let me know if you need help choosing a show
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    at 305muscle - eh kinda but then again I remind myself that I am doing it for ME.... it's funny though because then later I hear them complain how they cant seem to get rid of certain areas of fat while they are eating the most fattening foods ever.. I just sit there and shake my head....
  • dracron616
    dracron616 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep going strong. You've done a phenomenal job and your kids will clearly thank you for it one day.
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @ Samantha- I think thats an AMAZING goal to set for youself.... and I would really like to see you sign up for one.... let me know if you need help choosing a show

Any help or advice you could give me would be PRICELESS! I think I need to just throw my name out there and try it out. I hear competing is addicting.
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    at 305muscle - eh kinda but then again I remind myself that I am doing it for ME.... it's funny though because then later I hear them complain how they cant seem to get rid of certain areas of fat while they are eating the most fattening foods ever.. I just sit there and shake my head....
    Yep that's very true