Newbie from NY

Options
Hi,
I'm Carol a/k/a cat. I have about 100 pounds to lose. I'm setting my goals at 10 pounds at a time. Today is my first day on here so I am trying to get familiar. Good luck to all.

Replies

• theTupper
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

Just finishing my first week, but already seeing results. This is the place to be.

:-)

J
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great way to start! Welcome.
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Hi! You're smart setting small goals for yourself so you feel like you're accomplishing something! Best of luck! What part of NY are you from? I live in Rochester.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome- This is a great place !!!
  • krochon
    Options
    Welcome, Cat! I'm Karen, and I live in Havelock, NC, where eating is practically a sport! I've been doing this for about a week now. I have to lose 28 pounds, and just counting the calories, I've lost about 4 pounds. I'm just trying to become aware of what I eat, when, where and why. Last week, I only worked on the awareness part and not going over my daily caloric intake (out of 7 days or so, I've been successful four days out of 7, which I consider successful!

Good luck to you; if you ever need words of encouragement or just to vent, please email me! We can do this; piece of cake (no pun intended)!!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi! You're smart setting small goals for yourself so you feel like you're accomplishing something! Best of luck! What part of NY are you from? I live in Rochester.
    I was just going to ask the same question! I'm in Rochester too!

This is a fantastic resource to use in achieving your goals. I'm starting on week 2 and am in love with this site. It's fun, easy and a wonderful community of people with great info. There is a group I just joined here on the message boards for those with 100 pounds to lose. Friend me if you'd like! :)
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    Thank you all for warm welcome and the support. It's comforting to know that there are people that understand what we are going through.
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    I'm from Schenectady, New York. It is about 15 miles from the Albany, the state capital, and 3 hours from NYC.
  • MstarsElizabeth
    MstarsElizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyyyyy Cat

Welcome to MFP. This site has been a tremendous help to me in staying focused and inspired. I just started Jan 5th, and love it.
  • crystaljoybrown
    crystaljoybrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you're here!! You have taken your first steps towards being another success story! Congratulations in advance! :flowerforyou:
    Crystal Joy
  • cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol! Congrats on taking your first step.....bonus points for the screen name! I've sent you an invite if you want to be friends, it helps to form a little buddy group to keep you on track.