I really over ate

Options
Last night after a visit with what I guess could only be described as extended family I got really stressed driving home and ended up eating a while big bag of sunchips, half a can of pringles and a big snapple. Is this going to halt things? Gees I regret it now but at the time I was so stressed!

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Halt what? just get back to doing the right things today!
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    I splurge every now and then too, everyone does. Dont beat yourself up. Today is a new day! :)
  • colonelangus
    Options
    I asked the same question yesterday, I went to a party and drank 3000 calories of jack daniels. They all said just get back on the horse and forget about it. So I say to you, get back on the horse and have fun. You are allowed to party, the best diet plan to me is one which lets you live life as you want at the weight you want. So you did nothing wrong. I hope it was fun.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Get back on the wagon and drink a ton of water, your body will recover shortly. Don't stress, it's not the end of things =)
  • joygwen
    joygwen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I loved a saying I read in an article once about weight loss. One slip up doesn't have to sabotage your your week, your day or even your meal, just get back on track. If you get a flat tire you don't poke holes in the other 4, you change it and move forward. Drink some extra water to help with sodium and get back on track with food choices today.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Yeah, it stinks and probably doesn't feel good today. But forgive yourself! Learn what you can! And move forward today. One day won't hurt you, unless you let it.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    I asked the same question yesterday, I went to a party and drank 3000 calories of jack daniels. They all said just get back on the horse and forget about it. So I say to you, get back on the horse and have fun. You are allowed to party, the best diet plan to me is one which lets you live life as you want at the weight you want. So you did nothing wrong. I hope it was fun.

It wasn't fun she was stressed out :huh:
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Just drink up the water - you might see a shift in your weight the first day or so.. but your body is processing it the right way since you've been training it to! Just keep going, don't step back!
  • sunshinesukie
    sunshinesukie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up. At least you are being honest with yourself - just get right back on that horse and don't worry x
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Some one just posted something similar about going to KFC. I'll tell you what I told her - You cannot change the past. Does the guilt burn calories????? The next thing you put in your mouth, make sure its a good food choice and get back on track. You are going to make mistakes, its how we recover from them that matters. And honestly some of us have had horrible eating habits for 30 + years yet we expect that after a few months or a couple years those same old behaviors and desires just up and disappear. They don't - sometimes I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact this is a lifelong battle and if we don't remain vigilant, we will go back to old habits. I've been doing the weight loss journey for three years and today I still had to talk myself out of grabbing a cupcake from the grocery store bakery even though I was not even close to hungry and have a goal in mind for the next couple weeks. Oh well, every time we practice will power it does get stronger. I quit smoking 5 years ago - used to think about it constantly, now it crosses my mind every once in a while but I just refuse to let myself go there - but like I say doesn't prevent me from thinking about it.

Good luck, stay focused!!!
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    This is a lifelong journey. You're going to have those days now and then. That won't be your last time doing that. Just start right back to eating better. And don't let it get you down. It is part of the journey. It is part of the journey. It is part of the journey. Did I say that enough? IT IS part of the journey. Best wishes to you. You can do this!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a bad stress eating day too. Darn chocolate covered raisins. Today is a new day! I second whoever said drink a lot of water today!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    That sounds like a tineh binge to me. I don't even. My binges are way worse than that. Last time, I tried to stuff three whole cake roles into my mouth at once. Ahaha. Either way, all of these nice people are right. It's okay to mess up sometimes. Just get back on track and you'll be fine. :]
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    It's my experience that a nutritional disaster doesn't become a problem unless you string it together for a couple days. Learn from the experience, and move on.
  • Dyl911
    Dyl911 Posts: 3
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon. Hell, I ate an entire box of Wheat Thins on Saturday. Just put it behind you and get back to eating in moderation. Don't get discouraged!
  • crys30
    crys30 Posts: 43
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. You wouldnt be human if you didnt struggle, we all do. And sometimes we fall but we have to help each other get back up.

You can do it :)
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you get a flat tire you don't poke holes in the other 4, you change it and move forward.

LOL :laugh:

Love this!
  • CobraBubbles
    Options
    Sometimes 'normal' eating is over eating. Move along. It's in the past; in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing! :)
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I loved a saying I read in an article once about weight loss. One slip up doesn't have to sabotage your your week, your day or even your meal, just get back on track. If you get a flat tire you don't poke holes in the other 4, you change it and move forward. Drink some extra water to help with sodium and get back on track with food choices today.

I really like that!! ANd it is a great way of looking at it!
  • colonelangus
    Options
    A binge to me is 12 beers and a few shots, 2500 calories at least. As long as you make up for it during the week, I think you're cool.