Hi

Options
Hi! I'm new here and hoping to gain some friends and support on losing weight :)
My goal is to lose atleast 40-50 pounds by December because I'm going to meet this guy(special guy) in January, of course I want to look as good as possible and losing weight is the way. I hope to get some of your tips on losing weight guys :)

Replies

• VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there. That's great motivation to lose weight! All the best! :smile:
    Feel free to check my profile and add me. I started on MFP recently and I've a big target.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    That's a little aggressive of a loss. I would aim a bit lower (2 lbs/week) to avoid disappointment. Also, weight loss tends to not be linear.
  • jh48200
    jh48200 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 38 pounds since my last Dr visit in June. So it can be done, but it is a tough road. Never been a fan of dieting, however my A1C just got to high and realized that I needed to do something before I started to have eye issues etc. So that was the turning point for me. My A1C went from 6.9 to 6.0 since June and am very anxious for my next dr's appointment at the end of the month.

Just keep telling yourself that it is worth every effort to get back to a healthy weight level. Just remember not to "starve" yourself as that will cause other issues. Eat healthy and well-balanced... just watch your portion sizes and get active. I wish you all the best...