Ran 5 minutes without stopping!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic, congratulations!
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If your body isn't telling you to rest (muscle or joint soreness)... DON'T! It's only 5 minutes. You are good. I'd continue walking at an incline for half an hour or so so that you are getting your heart rate up and working muscles (unless you are doing some other sort of exercise.)
  • tssomerville6113
    tssomerville6113 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I Would suggest do a little more each day .... If you start to hurt while running , stop and do a brisk walk instead. Everystep will get you closer to be able to do more.
  • rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    you can five minutes

which ultimately m eans you could run amile

:)
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options

If you decide to run outside (which I prefer), try using an app like Runkeeper. It really helps you gauge your pace and distance :)

Good luck to you and I love your enthusiasm for running! :flowerforyou:

My goal is to definitely run outdoors but I want to at least be able to do 2 miles on the treadmill before I hit the pavement. Lol, my confidence is not there yet for running outside. But can't wait until I can, and who knew work out clothes are so cute. I'm in love with running gear. I found a new hobby, scratch that, a new way of life. SUPER EXCITED!

http://ommile.myshopify.com/pages/shop-by-slogans

These are some of my favorites. I have a few of their shirts, including the one that says, "Does this shirt make my butt look fast?". Some friends and I each got one, then wore it to a half marathon that we walked as a group.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!