Hello! I'm new. <3

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm new here. I've been part of other forums but they disbanded and I ended up losing my way with my weight. I loved having people there to motivate me through my weight loss. Now, it's time to get rid of my old habits and start fresh with eating strictly low carb as that's the only way of life that has worked for me in the past. I'm at 230 pounds and I'm ashamed of my body! I know I don't look that weight, but the scale does not lie. I'm almost in my 30s and I'm inching closer to those years. I need to change my habits now before it's too late. I need weight loss buddies that understand what I'm going through and vice versa. Being able to motivate each other and keep ourselves from giving into temptation is the best thing ever. It's worked for me before, I know it will work for me now.

A little about me. I work as a nurse in the emergency room and I absolutely love my job. Helping people is what I love to do and I certainly don't want to get any more unhealthy before it's too late. I want to set a good example for my patients and not sound like a hypocrite when I give dietary advice. It's time for a change, who's with me?

Feel free to add me in the app, the more buddies I have, the better. I'm happy to be here!

Love,
MissyERnurse

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! My starting weight was 225, so I know that you can do this! Feel free to add me!
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm trying to lose my last 27 pounds.I'm on here daily. We can do this !!!!
  • missyERnurse
    Options
    Aww thanks for the reply you guys. I definitely feel motivated now more than ever. This is the beginning of a beautiful life.

I'm going to join a gym on Tuesday to get my cardio and what not in. My hospital doesn't have a gym and if it did I'd so be there. Luckily the gym I want to join has no contracts and is $10 a month. I'm stoked. It's going to be a long three days in the ER, but I know I'll be in ketosis by the time I punch out Tuesday morning.

And omg, a fellow whovian, yess! <3
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey
    Add me I have lost over 80lbs now, having a wonderful life. :))
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No better feeling than being healthy and fit. Love yourself as much as you ove your job, you can do this. This old man has lost 90 lbs since January 2013. It's not easy but it's worth it. Anyone can add me if they want on here daily.
  • Laurie2212
    Laurie2212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of this site for a while, but never used. I really need to lose weight and feel better. Last few months have had issues come up between my husband and me. I am having a very difficult time with it. He seems to be fine with it. The hurtful truth is he is no longer attracted to me because of my weight. Those are words to no wife ever wants to hear. So of course he has turned to his bartender best friend. I am doing this for me and not him. Going to show him and let him know that he is letting the best thing in his life slip away. I am looking for friends that are trying to lose weight and be there for support and encouragement along that way. My name is Laurie and I am 47 years old.
  • adiepon
    Options
    Hi , I recently did career change which has drastically changed my shape. I went from a line worker in a poultry processing plant to a heath care aide. As a line worker it was easy to maintain a reasonable weight for my height and age, but now that Ive wearing scrubs for the past 2 yrs Ive gained 10 lbs and it seems to all on my lower half.
    Since I had children I have hated my legs and then to make matters worse one day my husband said that I have " rhino legs " , needless to say they have not seen the light of day in many many years. If you or anyone can help me with any tips or advice to lose the weight off my legs it would be greatly appreciated .
    Hate to admit it but I hate my legs sooo much I have looked into having liposuction :(
  • yougogirl45
    yougogirl45 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I sent you a friend request. I was 218 at my last Dr. appt. I was thin until 17 years of marriage struck (lucky husband, right?!) and at 51, I've decided that enough is enough. Life is precious (as you must know first-hand working in an ER) and I'm sick and tired of the health issues and emotional issues that being overweight adds to my life. So lookout those extra 63lbs - I'm coming for you!!!