Another Newby

Options
tj1971
tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
My name is Tammy and I am 39 years old. I have been married for 21 years and have 2 sons. My oldest son and his girlfriend recently had a baby so I am also a new grandmother. I have been a yo-yo dieter for many years but would now like to learn how to take the weight off and actually keep it off. I have gotten serious the last 2 weeks thanks to MFP and have lost 7 lbs. but have many more to go. I'm a little self conscious about putting myself out there on MFP but would love to have people to share with.

Replies

• CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm new and nervous about everything too!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    im new too, I think this website has so many cool tools, looking forward to maximize the capacity of it!
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome Tammy :smile: Great to have you and this is a great place of encouragment and motivation for sure. I have enjoyed it since August :)
    Congrats on becoming a new grandmother and I believe if you want this, you can do this :) I myself have done that yo yo dieting stuff, but it's a choice I've made to be smarter and to take control...You can too! :smile: Hope this site helps you as much as it has me:happy:
  • jrdrummer20
    jrdrummer20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board!

I just joined yesterday, i like the fact you can see how much you actually can eat without realising,

good luck
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck Tammy:flowerforyou: ! MFP is a great tool. Don't be to self conscious we are all here to lose weight and get fit and healthy. I really enjoy MFP friends and the support they offer. I hope you too will be able to make some friends and get the support you need. :love:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! This really is a great site to keep you on track calorie wise. I never realized what a carb hound I am! I have been using MFP for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. I've lost 4 lbs so far and am trying like crazy to keep my carbs down and get my protiens up!! UGH!!! Without MFP I would have just kept going on as I was and never get the weight off! Feel free to ad me a a friend if you'd like! We can all use all the support we can get sooner or later!!!!!!!
    Good Luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    @ jrdrummer20:
    My problem was just the opposite. I didn't think I was doing too bad food wise then I found out why I am having trouble losing weight and only maintaining!!!! This site helps me eat the foods I need vs what I think I need as that was really way off base! Good luck to you!!!!!!!