How often do you weigh in?

Options
As of now I plan on doing a weekly weigh in and monthly taping. I sometimes get anxious and weigh in early and (like today) when the weight is a little bit higher I get so discouraged! (don't worry I am behaving) But I was just curious as what other people do so I can try that :)

Replies

• gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    "I plan on doing a weekly weigh in and monthly taping"

That's what I've been doing.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh in nearly every day. I don't worry about fluctuations. I know as long as I maintain a deficit the scale will drop. And also, if I behave badly the scale will go higher.

Some can't deal with fluctuations and only weigh weekly or monthly. I am afraid I might slack off on my calorie watching if i was only held accountable by the scale once a month.

I think it is best to do what suits you.
  • missyERnurse
    Options
    I'm usually a once a week weigh in type of girl. I feel if I weigh in every day I would get discouraged. I still have yet to measure myself, but I need measuring tape for that. Once a month for measurements is definitely a great idea. I'd love to hear from others about how often they weigh in.

Also I hate weighing in a few days before that time of month. The sadness I get from the bloating that happens. Uber evil!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily...data points are important to trend analysis. I don't care about the actual numbers, just the overall trend...which has been maintaining for around 17 months now with natural body weight fluctuations giving me a range of about 180 - 185 with my 17 month average being 182.5
  • asha8907
    asha8907 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and measure monthly(or bi-monthly, sometimes I forget!) as well.
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm an every day-er. I found I didn't like weighing in once a week because what if I was just bloated? I weigh in every day and I don't get discouraged by the fluctuations. In fact, I like knowing what something I eat or exercise does to my body. I usually use the lowest weight during the week to record my weigh in.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Monthly.
  • macfaydengirl
    macfaydengirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is what works for me. Use the same scale, the same day of every week and roughly under the same conditions (sounds like an experiment, I know). My same conditions I mean: on an empty stomach? n a full stomach, BM? No BM? Hope this helps :-)
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have gone from weighing everyday to maybe twice a week. I can't help myself! But am trying for weekly
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't measure; I find that it's next to impossible to get accurate readings doing it myself. Maybe once a month I'll try on some clothes that were too small/fit me well to see if there's a difference.

As for weighing, I'll do it every now and then, but only really pay attention/track on Sunday mornings.
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You should really try taping!! Body fat is so much more accurate than BMI! My goal is based on body fat, and scale is just kind of it's buddy to keep me entertained, Scott I've heard a lot of people doing the weigh in daily but I tried it and what ended up happening with me was I'd fluctuate 1-2 a day. So I would workout even harder and eat the bare minimum of calories, then the next day it was back where it should be so I do the same thing, to lose a pound. but at the end of the week I would feel terrible, weak and exhausted and the scale would be up or down a pound of two hahaha. I was thinking for me maybe every 5 days, every week, every other week. Or maybe just having official weigh ins biweekly (not near PMS time haha!) not sure what I want to do yet. :)
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and do a taping once a month. It works for me to keep me on track for that day, I find. :flowerforyou:
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is what works for me. Use the same scale, the same day of every week and roughly under the same conditions (sounds like an experiment, I know). My same conditions I mean: on an empty stomach? n a full stomach, BM? No BM? Hope this helps :-)
    I don't measure; I find that it's next to impossible to get accurate readings doing it myself. Maybe once a month I'll try on some clothes that were too small/fit me well to see if there's a difference.

As for weighing, I'll do it every now and then, but only really pay attention/track on Sunday mornings.

great ideas! I kind of try to do that but I need to more. I picked wednesdays because it's the middle of the week so I can't blame it on dehydration from weekend activities (I don't drink that much but when I do it's usually when I am exploring and walking a lot haha) first thing in the am, in the same clothes. or before a shower or something. and I think I need to find a good outfit to measure by, ( I generally wear lose fitting clothes) maybe I will just draw marks on my belt :) Measuring myself isn't so bad right now because I need my neck, waist and butt and (always measure on the left side!) the tape kinda sits in all those spots. But I am definitely going to get help for my starting measurement! Thanks everyone!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    "I plan on doing a weekly weigh in and monthly taping"

That's what I've been doing.

^ Me three!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm certain that I've lost weight :/

I do measurements once a month and plan to officially weigh once a month also.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only record weight and measurements on Monday.
  • sdelo7
    sdelo7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning - just because I like to see! - but record weekly.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

great ideas! I kind of try to do that but I need to more. I picked wednesdays because it's the middle of the week so I can't blame it on dehydration from weekend activities (I don't drink that much but when I do it's usually when I am exploring and walking a lot haha) first thing in the am, in the same clothes. or before a shower or something. and I think I need to find a good outfit to measure by, ( I generally wear lose fitting clothes) maybe I will just draw marks on my belt :) Measuring myself isn't so bad right now because I need my neck, waist and butt and (always measure on the left side!) the tape kinda sits in all those spots. But I am definitely going to get help for my starting measurement! Thanks everyone!

I would do measurements and weigh ins naked!
  • jjaylynn
    jjaylynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I rarely weight myself, and I don't measure. My clothes are my scale! I've weighed myself recently in the past month twice simply because I went to the Dr. and they insist! :-/ I find the scale depressing if I don't weigh what my 'goal weight' is.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I would do measurements and weigh ins naked!

I measure and weigh first thing in the morning after I pee..and naked.