But don't lose anymore weight - reply

Options
Hi I have now reached my goal weight and have been maintaining there for about six weeks. I'm very happy with how I look, my weight and how everything has gone and is continuing to go. But I would love some advice on how to answer a statement I seem to now be getting. People saying "but don't lose any more weight will you". I am not sure of why they are saying it do they think I look gaunt and ill I certainly don't - I feel fit and healthy and am average BMI and that stuff. For some strange reason I find myself apologising saying no I'm not going to try and lose any more. Suggestions for a more effective reply would be very welcome.

Replies

• jchadden42
    Options
    I have been at about the same weight for over a year, and I get that kind of comment all the time. I usually say, "Thank you for your concern." and I leave it at that. The lady in the classroom next door to mine comments on my weight loss regularly--as though I've continued to lose weight. "Thank you for concern," doesn't really leave much open for discussion. I'm hoping it'll stop soon.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching and maintaining! That's awesome. I am sort of going through this right now. I would like to drop a few more pounds to lean out a little more and even my boyfriend is questioning it but he always thought I was fine which I appreciate. But if you've been maintaining for six weeks I don't know why they think you are actively trying to lose more. I agree with the other poster. Just say thanks for the concern and keep it moving.
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for about 3 months and I get this same thing. However I find it depends what circles I hang around. When I go to the gym and I am around active fit people they always say your looking great keep up the good work conversely like when I am at work most people say don't lose anymore weight...bottom line its perceptual as long as you feel good about how you look nothing else matters...its all opinion.