Do anyone burn calories when excercising at night??

Options

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I gain weight at night by running backwards

giggle.gif
  • theduchessdubai
    Options
    Hilarious! !:laugh:
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Laugh all you want, but calories are only burned when the sun is out. That’s why plants are green because of sunlight and chlorophyll.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Laugh all you want, but calories are only burned when the sun is out. That’s why plants are green because of sunlight and chlorophyll.

The fact that your profile pic is so straight faced makes your sarcasm funnier.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No, OP. That's why Curves closes early, duh.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Bingo. This man has it.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand how the human body works. Everything you do -- every single thing - burns calories. If you're not burning calories, you're dead. Burning calories gives your body energy, which means if you're alive, you're burning calories. Even sitting on the sofa eating food, you have to move to breathe, to reach for that food. 24/7 you burn calories.

It is impossible to exercise and burn zero calories.

It does not matter what time you eat or exercise as long as it fits into your lifestyle.
  • northbanu
    Options
    I don't think you understand how the human body works. Everything you do -- every single thing - burns calories. If you're not burning calories, you're dead. Burning calories gives your body energy, which means if you're alive, you're burning calories. Even sitting on the sofa eating food, you have to move to breathe, to reach for that food. 24/7 you burn calories.

It is impossible to exercise and burn zero calories.

It does not matter what time you eat or exercise as long as it fits into your lifestyle.

What do you know about photosynthesis and the chemical reactions that vitamin D from the sun creates? ? C'mon, you're a horse.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know because I got in late from work today and wanted a workout in. I was wondering is it possible to burn calories at night.
    It is not possible to burn calories at night. Just like it is not possible to gain weight from eating food at night. All you can eat pizza and beer, all night long. Heaven on earth!!!
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i do most of my workouts between 00 am and 03.00 am .. its the coolest part of the day and i love it :)
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Bueller?...Bueller?
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Working out doesn't matter WHEN.......I've done both ends of the spectrum.....early morning fasted cardio sessions before work.....and then the protein shake as my "breakfast" on the way to work.....and didn't usually eat until noon......

And well, now.....with my current schedule (me and my fiance moved in together.....and I enjoy her body heat in the morning rather than sweaty dudes at the gym.....for seriously lol) I now work out AFTER work......and then my "dinner" typically consists of my whey protein shake, some kale/spinach, flax seeds, sardines, etc.....

As you can imagine, my biggest meal is typically lunch......it must fuel my day until I get home from the gym....usually after 9 or 10 p.m.......sometimes I'll grab an apple or banana on the way out the door while heading to the gym....the potassium helps keep me from cramping up.....

NOW, on the other side of the coin.....I've been told night time workouts are "bad" because they can keep your heart racing at night, etc.....causing you to not sleep well.......I personally do not have this problem ;) I typically come home, drink my shake up, and fall asleep and my babe wakes me up to crawl into bed with her when she gets home from work :) and I sleep like a baby through the night....and for ****s and giggles she got me the fitbit Flex....so I been tracking my sleep patterns too :) Kinda cool.
  • northbanu
    Options

Bueller?...Bueller?

Awesome.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Bueller?...Bueller?

Awesome.

You got the reference! You are awesome.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ha!! Thanks you guys for the sarcasm and the enlightenment on exercising at night. Ive been told you cant eat after a certain hour and I wold always think because the body doesn't burn after that hour. I actually just got done with working out and I did 35 mins and on yes on the safer note I still went to research the science of exercising at night. You all were right lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious as to why the time would make any difference??
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious as to why the time would make any difference??

I guess it was what I was always told and believed it, but now I know better lol
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    You do realize you need to rewind CDs before you return them to Netflix right?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    You do realize you need to rewind CDs before you return them to Netflix right?

It's the same for Netflix streaming. "Be kind, please rewind" and all.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know because I got in late from work today and wanted a workout in. I was wondering is it possible to burn calories at night.

No, you can only burn them during the day. If there is no sunlight, the calories won't burn. Maybe get a sunlamp?