Imo Truvia is nasty... any other suggestions?

Options
I recently starting making fresh iced green tea and found that i love it. The first time I made it with sugar and it was delicious, then I experimented with Truvia. It did not taste good at all, Had a bitter taste. I thought maybe it was just me, so I made another batch, As I was making it ,I got a whiff of something rank It was the truvia. It smells like burnt plastic! This really turned me off and I will not use this again. What can I substitute? What about agave nectar? I've wanted tro try it. Can you use it in tea?

Replies

• Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    Sweet n low is my friend :)
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like Stevia in the Raw, comes in little packets.
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    splenda all the way!! it is sweeter than sugar :)
  • momasbug2
    Options
    Splenda has a good taste.
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I thought Splenda was bad for you...
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Definitely go with a natural sweetener. Before I finished reading your post I was going to say use agave nectar. Works great in teas!
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used Stevia in the Raw also. I've also found Sun Crystals!! I use it in my hot tea too!! =) A little pricey, but so is all the other stuff!:wink:
  • LJCDuke11
    Options
    agave nectar?? where would you get that?? is it easily accessible? I've been making the switch to all natural products... It's been a little difficult because my husband eats like a 5 year old! but I told him I'm over it and i'm not eating like crap anymore!! My foods better for you anyway, so I win! =)
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Stevia for sure. Or a bit of honey. Be careful w/ agave nectar... it is a rather processed sweetener. I save it for when you must have that most fabulous and wonderful margarita! :D
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Splenda all the way!

(That being said, I've never tried Truvia. I like Equal too, HATE Sweet N Low)
  • LJCDuke11
    Options
    OMG! So... I got some Agave Nectar today and it's really good! I got the light (not light as in "lite" - light as in color.. looks like honey/not Amber) kind and WOW! It's almost like a mixture of molasses and honey flavor..??? I dunno - it's got it's own flavor kind of... Super stoked!! Thanks!!!

....Yes! And let's not forget that fabulous wonderful Margarita!! MMMMM!! Oh how I miss those - let me count the ways!! (I think I'm gonna have A (1)(ONE) Margarita on Friday! I've been good! lol:drinker: )