MFP is not reeling how much I will weigh in 5 weeks

Options
If I'm under my calorie goal MFP doesn't tell me how much I will weigh. Is that part of the new update?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Yes. MFP won't tell you that information if you haven't eaten at minimum 1,200 calories.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yes. MFP won't tell you that information if you haven't eaten at minimum 1,200 calories.

I'm guessing this is to discourage under eating?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I'm guessing this is to discourage under eating?

I would assume so, since it used to be there even if you logged 1 calorie for the day. Now it's been replaced by a warning message. I intentionally closed my diary early recently to see what would happen, and it wouldn't tell me my weight, and gave me a giant warning message.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a problem with it
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I guess because I haven't been below 1200 in forever :drinker:
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    It's 1,000 calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's 1,000 calories.

Yes, that's my understanding.

I think it's good.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Its because seeing a lower weight can be a trigger for those with ED, encouraging them to continue eating below a safe amount.

I'm for it.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Its because seeing a lower weight can be a trigger for those with ED, encouraging them to continue eating below a safe amount.

I'm for it.

The first day of starting to track again, I hardly ate. MFP said that if I did the same thing every day, I'd lose something crazy like 30lbs in 5 weeks, and to be honest I did briefly consider if I would be able to sustain that eating pattern. I could easily see how it could make people want to starve themselves.
  • bethany_91
    Options

I'm for it.

Same. I see people on Tumblr complaining about it, and I'm really glad they do it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I'm for it.

The first day of starting to track again, I hardly ate. MFP said that if I did the same thing every day, I'd lose something crazy like 30lbs in 5 weeks, and to be honest I did briefly consider if I would be able to sustain that eating pattern. I could easily see how it could make people want to starve themselves.

Yeah--I ate about 100 calories on Good Friday and wondered how the lovely prediction could possibly not be triggering for those inclined to EDs or even just trying a crazy crash diet. There was such a mixed message between the under 1200 warning and the numbers.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think it must be a feature that some people still have and others don't. I have eaten under my calorie goal and I am underweight and it still tells me how much I would weigh - only it gives me a warning about eating too few calories.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Big brother looking out for our best interest.