Discouraged

Options
I know this is a bit ridiculous but I cant help it. I feel like I've been working so hard and not seeing enough results. I am seeing results don't get me wrong, but unfortunately I feel like I'm standing still. I feel like what's the point I'm not seeing results anyway. But I know its just this weird funk that I'm in. Someone tell me I'm not the only one that is down on myself!

Replies

• rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It happends to all of us! Stay strong.... go for a quick walk or do 30 jumping jacks! You will feel better! Good Luck!
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I am feeling the same way...but hang in there KittyKat!! We CAN do this!! :happy: :wink: :smile:
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    been there done that... and i can tell you the point is to not get back into old habits and an unhealthy way of life... I was dieting about 2 years ago and didn't see any results fast enough so i gave up and gained about 30 more lbs! So I know from experience thats not a good way to look at it. Are you not happy with what you are eating? Right now i'm still allowing myself to eat things i love, but i just limit it way down so that it doesn't seem like that muc work to stay in cal and eat healthy. I also added way more fresh food than i have ever eaten in my life! lol. I hope you can get possitive because most of this journey is overcoming the mental part, the physical stuff.... thats the easy part!! Good luck and I hope you feel better... rememeber that any progress is a giant step in the right direction! You can do it! And dont forget to pat yourself on your back for the progress you have made so far!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    (((hugs)))

you have a pet snake???!?!?!?! *gasp*
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Are the small changes worth it? Will quitting get you to your goals? Think about it.
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi

Are you just measuring your weight or are you also taking body measurements - neck, waist, hips ?

If you are exercising loads then you might be converting weight that is fat to weight that is muscle, muscle is more dense so you will loose the inches but not the pounds.

Steve
  • Blueeyes1117
    Blueeyes1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Trust me your not the only one!!! Ive been at it for well this sunday will make four whole weeks. Now of course i havent done exactly like i should calorie wise however i have done pretty well im taking it one day at a time so that i dont give up. As far as exercise goes for almost four weeks now i have been going to the gym atleast 4 days a week doing atleast an hour majority of the time we have been staying two hours along with going to the gym ive incorporated my wii fit. Anyways i havent seen any loss!! The beginning i lost about two pound then i put them right back on and ever since nothing else has come off! :( Ive been better with counting my calories now i just have to back off of the eating out on my lunch breaks. Just figured id let you know you werent the only one who felt discouraged. Your ahead of me you can definitely do this hang in there it'll come off!
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think we all get days like that, but I guess what we need to remember is that we are in it for the long haul, you dont want to lose it really quick as that's not good for you, you are much better slow and steady.
    I get days where I just completely lose all notion but hang in there as it will make the difference, tomorrow you could wake up and discover some piece of clothing fits better or something like that that will give you a little boost.
    Keep your chin up your worth it in the long run ;-)
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    And oh yeah- I have been stuck for 3.5 weeks....do not give up.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself!! Some days I feel the same but I gotta look at the biger picture and remind myself that this is a lifelong thing and change doesn't come fast! Small results lead to bigger results! You can do it!!!
  • SimonLondon
    Options
    Just remember one important thing..."SCALES LIE!"

I've hit a plateau before and the scales said I was 160lb. My waist size dropped 2" but the scales were STILL saying 160lb.

If you're replacing fat with muscle (I was) the scales can't tell the difference so never use just scales as your only source of information!

My current scales show me my BMI, Body fat weight, Body fat %, water % and combine those with a measure for my waist I know for SURE what is really happening!
  • fakefortunista
    Options
    Here's what happens... you lose a pound and you celebrate. You gain a pound and you celebrate.
    It's when you say, "I no longer care. I give up. It's not worth it." - that's when you need to worry.
    We didn't gain weight overnight. We can't expect to lose it overnight.
    We have lives that are filled to capacity with all sorts of things that stress us out, make us cry, make us laugh, bring us joy and make us think we're going nuts. That's life. We choose to take the next step up the stairs instead of the elevator. We choose to eat an apple instead of a candy bar from the vending machine. We choose to eat at home instead of stopping at a fast food chain because we just want someone else to fix it. You took a huge step and said, "I'm discouraged." Good. Now, keep going. You're on the right track. You can do it. We all can. :happy: Janet in NC
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Yeah, Idk, I think its just that I might be hungry, I'm eating now and I'm already feeling better, thanks for the encouragement icanr let myself forget how much better I feel regardless of the weight loss. Thanks guys!

Oh, and no, its my friends pet snake :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    All I can say is just stick with it. We all have bad patches.

About two months ago I hit a bad patch and felt like giving up and just stuffing my face with every piece of junk food within a 10 mile radius.

Just stay focused on your goals.
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just close your eyes and imagine how much better your life and health will be in 1 year. I know it seems like a long ways away, but believe me it will go by fast. Stick to it and you WILL see results. Remember you didn't gain all the weight over night so you can't expect to loose it over night either. YOU CAN DO IT. :flowerforyou:
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    everyone gets in a funk sometimes, trust me i'm the queen of wanting better results, but at the end of the day even if it's only .2lbs it's better off than on! keep working hard & in the end it will all be worth it & you won't even remember 95% of the times you were down about it (:
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options
    been there done that... and i can tell you the point is to not get back into old habits and an unhealthy way of life... I was dieting about 2 years ago and didn't see any results fast enough so i gave up and gained about 30 more lbs! So I know from experience thats not a good way to look at it. Are you not happy with what you are eating? Right now i'm still allowing myself to eat things i love, but i just limit it way down so that it doesn't seem like that muc work to stay in cal and eat healthy. I also added way more fresh food than i have ever eaten in my life! lol. I hope you can get possitive because most of this journey is overcoming the mental part, the physical stuff.... thats the easy part!! Good luck and I hope you feel better... rememeber that any progress is a giant step in the right direction! You can do it! And dont forget to pat yourself on your back for the progress you have made so far!
  • liagarden
    Options
    Just wanted to say good for you for adding more fresh food---REAL food--than you've ever eaten in your life! I look at a lot ofdiaries, and see no greens, no vegetables at all, for days and days. This is not healthy eating, people. If you don't like veggies, hide them in a tomato sauce or something. But you are setting yourself up for dis-ease if you don't consume veggies! Eat a rainbow every day! Photosynthesis is the source of all life on earth. It might even save us on the energy/carbon front.
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    I recommend you take some pics and measurements and buy the 30 Day Shred Video. Do that, you will boost your results if you do and feel physically tired, another positive sign that your body is changing. Just remember it takes time to get into bad shape so likewise it takes time to get back into it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself!
  • liagarden
    Options
    Everyone has a "mind." It's naturally negative. You have to train it to be positive. I was down yesterday too. Maybe it's after the full moon. Who knows? You just say "Thank you mind" and then do what you know you should do. Just notice it. Who is it that thinks that thought? The same one who made these goals and has her reasons why. Are you committed to yourself? This is the only body you have, to play on this planet. (Hey, I'm talking to myself, too, as i age) I could be my fat grandmother, or I could be Jack LaLanne!