when did you?

Options
When did you all start seeing a difference in clothes or just by looking in the mirror?? Im down 22lbs but dont see a change. People who dont see me everyday have noticed but I dont. My clothes seem to still fit the same & when I look at myself in the mirror to me I dont see a change. :frown:

I was at a plateau for 3 weeks and recently lost 0.4oz so im hoping the plateau is over with. My overall goal is 70lbs by summer so I have 50lbs left to loose. I know 22lbs is something to be happy about but I cant seem to get excited over it because I still feel I look the same.

I log in everyday, record my food, stick with my calories and I exercise 5-6 days a week so I know im doing everything right.

Replies

• xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I can see a difference in my photos, and the smaller size trousers fit better but I can't see any difference in the mirror :/

If you don't already then take photos :)
  • Abby98
    Abby98 Posts: 4
    Options
    I havent really noticed much yet. My energy is up because Ive been working out and eating well. Its gonna take me awhile to notice. Its nothing to get frustrated about, ull do it!!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I will tell you two girls what my husband told me.....You look at yourself every day in the mirror. You can't see your hair growing, but you know that it is. It just happens one day that you notice "Wow! My hair is getting long!" Yet each day your hair grows a little bit more.......It is the same with the weight loss. You will not see it day to day....just one day you will look in the mirror and think "Wow! I have really lost a bit of weight!"

I know that this is really no consolation, but I try to tell myself this when I look in the mirror and get a bit discouraged.....

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
    Erin
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i had lost 30 and was still wearing the same size 20s i had worn for nearly 3 years...i didnt see the change (I felt better about myself but just didnt see visible results) but others did. I didnt realize what I had actually lost til i tried on the size 16s I had in my closet and they fit!!! I thought i was no where close and just wanted to evaluate how far I had left to go before those snug jeans would fit my big butt...i was shocked!! and 10 more lbs down i'm still in the jeans but fitting in a smaller version of them..closer to 15s...so maybe just go try on smaller clothes? I was wearing larger sizes not even realizing i could fit in smaller til i tried!
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    when you have a significant amount of weight to lose it will be harder to notice but don't give up it will start to show and feel in your clothes as well. Keep doing what your doing!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am down 50 pounds and STILL have a hard time seeing results.. Do u have any before pictures? if so try taking a similar one and then comparing the 2.. That really helped me.. Ur doing great, keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I will tell you two girls what my husband told me.....You look at yourself every day in the mirror. You can't see your hair growing, but you know that it is. It just happens one day that you notice "Wow! My hair is getting long!" Yet each day your hair grows a little bit more.......It is the same with the weight loss. You will not see it day to day....just one day you will look in the mirror and think "Wow! I have really lost a bit of weight!"

I know that this is really no consolation, but I try to tell myself this when I look in the mirror and get a bit discouraged.....

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
    Erin

this is so very true! my mom sees me probably every other week (5 lbs difference usually) and she notices that..and i just kinda laugh, like gee its only 5 lbs lighter than last time u saw me. i dont look different) but others see it. as long as you know you're on the right path you will eventually see how far you've come! dont get so discouraged you give up b/c you're obviously doing something right if the scale is moving
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I don't see a change in the mirror but I sure do see a difference in the way my clothes fit....everything is looser. But where I see a difference.....my energy level....I have so much energy! I don't like just sitting around and watching tv anymore. That I love.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've decided my eyes are big liars and I'm not listening to them anymore. I think they're in cahoots with my brain. I don't try to see it in the mirror anymore. I feel it in my clothes, I see the scale and believe, and I know how I feel when I exercise. My eyes can just sit up there with my brain and suck it.

Good luck on your journey. You are doing a wonderful job.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    pics and measurements help! I wasn't seeing a difference in the mirror, and then I did some before and after pics, and WHOA! Remember you see yourself every day... and pics help you experience it like someone who only sees you once in a while.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    My eyes can just sit up there with my brain and suck it.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!!! I LOVE this!!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    At 20 pounds I was feeling HOT....now, 17 pounds lower than that, I'm feeling big again. My brain is still a size 12...