Good Low-Carb Snacks

Options
Ok, no I'm not on a low-carb diet, but while i'm at work, I find that most of my snacks consist of grains and carbs...they are however all whole grain or whole wheat...the reson i've stuck with them is they keep me full and I usually pair with like a LF string cheese...what are some good and easy filling snacks that include fruits/veggies and I can eat at my desk at work?? thanks!!

Replies

• edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt (Fage) with blueberries and honey or half a banana. I also like peanuts or almonds. I also love a boiled egg as a snack.
  • stopandsayuloveme
    Options
    Yogurt is good. You can get it with fruit in it, ex. Yoplait is light and fat free but has a lot of different flavors.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like to munch on grapes! Also carrots or celery!
    I throw them in a baggie the night before so I grab them on my way out the door and I use them for my snack at work.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow wedges. I just had one myself, the new queso/chipotle flavor, yum! I spread it on some bagel crisps but it can be eaten alone for a low-carb snack.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges are my weakness lately. Pair it up with some celery sticks or cucumber slices and mmmm! Planters has a "South Beach" nut mix that is decently low in carbs and hey, nothing wrong with almonds, you know? Boiled eggs, pickles, string cheese, a mix of blueberries and strawberries, sugar free Jello cups with a dollop of cottage or ricotta cheese, sunflower seeds, a slice of deli ham or turkey rolled up in a lettuce leaf... the possibilities are endless!