Carb Cycling

Options
Are there any on here that are doing carb cycling according to Chris Powell's book? i am doing it and thought i would like to find others that are doing it or something similiar for accountability and receipe ideas!

Replies

• jordanwlosing
    jordanwlosing Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am going to try it, im starting the turbo! I was wondering on this though, on a HC day do you think this would be a good breakfast if i eliminate the cheese (fat)? http://www.theyummylife.com/Egg_McMuffin
  • halaghh
    halaghh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On high carb days I eliminate the healthy fats and just go with protein, carbs, and veggies for my meals.
  • jordanwlosing
    jordanwlosing Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    even breakfast? cause i have the book and it says to do for breakfast, on both low and high carb days, have protein and a carb
  • bons_liveyourdream
    Options
    Eat a healthy HC breakfast everyday! For example, English muffin, bacon or sausage, egg and cheese...or oatmeal with some sort of protein! I have purchased the Bod-e Shakes and use those for breakfast. The key is meal planning
  • adluce
    Options
    yes meal planning always helps me...of course this week i didnt b/c im out of town for a couple of days..however i packed my advocare products to keep me on track...im glad its not just me and my friend Bonnie doing carb cycling...i think it helps when you can feed off of other people and get ideas and such...
  • ladebonis
    ladebonis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started and am in my second week. I am following Chris Powell's book too. So far it is going really well. I do struggle with snack ideas, especially on low carb days.
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My co-worker has lost 12.8 lbs in 2 weeks doing carb cycling. You guys are awesome for trying this! I don't have the discipline for it. LOL. Good luck!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    ladebonis wrote: »
    I just started and am in my second week. I am following Chris Powell's book too. So far it is going really well. I do struggle with snack ideas, especially on low carb days.
    Hi! Nuts are a good snack. Plain yogurt with fruit added. Bell pepper strips. Nut butters w a banana thats green. Smoothy.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I want to do this eating plan anyone can add me. I do the work out currently.
  • stefne888
    stefne888 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I do BBQ or spicy pork rinds, Mini Pepporinis w/cubed cheese, Egg whites mixed with unsweetened cocoa-cook in a little skillet on both sides-once it comes out add a Tbsp of cream cheese or Peanut butter. ---YUMMMO!

• pattyjoshockley
    pattyjoshockley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just got Chis Powell's book. Glad to see others are having success with it.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Everything I have ever read about carb cycling seems aimed for bodybuilders. So can this be used for just weight loss too? And how does this differ from traditional calorie counting to lose weight?
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    stefne888 wrote: »

I do BBQ or spicy pork rinds, Mini Pepporinis w/cubed cheese, Egg whites mixed with unsweetened cocoa-cook in a little skillet on both sides-once it comes out add a Tbsp of cream cheese or Peanut butter. ---YUMMMO!

Uh oh Pork Rinds have no carbs. **mind blown**
    I just started cycling last week, so that's a great snack.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!