Who would you prefer to look like? Body Fat Percentages

Options
I saw a link about body fat percentages http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages on another thread and it got me thinking...."who would i prefer to look like"?
I prefer the physique of the 18% female.....but due to my love of fast food, doubt i can accomplish that tbh. :ohwell: I'd say i'm hovering around the 22% mark.
But out of interest, which physique would you prefer to have (or do have already)?

female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg
body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

male-body-fat-percentages-pictures.jpg
pictures-of-body-fat-percentages.jpg

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    You can achieve any BF% incorporating fast food into you diet :P I'm around 18% BF and had McDonald's last night. Moderation and things!

I'd like to see 15% at some point but currently bulking. On my next cut I might dip that low just to see
  • Hopefullysane
    Hopefullysane Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm currently hovering at about 25% (down from 36%).

I've recently become a weight lifting addict and enjoying watching my muscles grow. I love how strong I feel (and am starting to look).

I'd love the 15% look BUT at 45 years old, I'm pretty sure that's unachievable.
    This is the first time in my life I've had muscles though so... who knows
  • fadedfawn
    Options
    I have 15.6 % body fat and I look nothing like the woman in the picture for 15% haha
    but I want to have something closer to 10% body fat
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure these representations are accurate. That 25% for women looks awfully heavy to me.
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Im at 25-30% at the moment but want to get to 10-15%
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    I want to be 18% in the winter and 15% in the summer.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I think I prefer the 20% figure, but I want strong arms. This is my dream body because I'll never look like that.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    between 15-20% I don't want to be just muscle.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I'm not sure these representations are accurate. That 25% for women looks awfully heavy to me.

^agreed. They are rough ideas at best. I always wanted the leanest most muscular look, but that's put aside for now.
    Right now I'm at least 25%. My avitar is a picture of me at 5'71/2 and 150 lbs, and lacking in upper body muscle.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think the 18 percent is the best with 20 pretty darn great also. I'm currently at 29 percent but working hard and added more heavy lifting (squats, DL, glut thrusts, lunges etc.). Something about heavy lifting has got me thinking I can do this - no reason a 51 year old women can't become the warrior princess that she always knew she could be!

Thanks for posting these picture. Some times you really need to see where others are, to decide where you want to go.
  • belrowley
    Options
    These look heavy to me, but 18% is my goal. I know from my old weight that this is where I was happiest. :)
  • katday680
    Options
    I like the look of between 20-25% it seems pretty natural which is what I want. Although I am lifting heavy! I'm at 37% so I've got a ways to go.... :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Of those shown, none.
  • ironangel250
    ironangel250 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would guess I'm at 18%, but with more muscle definition in upper body than the pic shown
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    14% looks like what I envision myself at my "ideal." So I'll go with that.

I look like 20% right now. Bleh!
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    somewhere between the 18% and 15% is okay with me. i'm supposedly at 17.8% right now, but i look like a cross of 20% and 25% haha
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 18–20% is my goal. I'm currently around 28–30% I guess.
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My trainer had me at 30.3% BF last week and I can honestly say, I look nothing like the girl in the 30% pic. I have seen my BF fluctuate as low as 24.9% lately, but my figure looks more like the 25% or between the 20-25% pics than the 30% pic. That looks to me like 40%+
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've always liked the look of defined muscles so I would love to look like 11, but it will probably take me a year to get down to 30, so I'll take what I can get (I'll be almost 50 by then).
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 20% - 25%